Show Off Your Games!

Quote:
Henny Feathering: Hf
Is an autosomal incomplete dominant gene that causes female-type plumage structure and ( if applicable ) plumage pattern and colours on males. It works by affecting the hormones in the feather follicles, and is a breed characteristic of Campines, Henny Game, and Sebrights.

Chris

Quote:
Keep us posted on those blue asil. I'm very interested in locating a true blue. Not blue red. Need to find a diluter for black. If you have good luck and the color is right I may bid on a few.

Quote:
Back in the “good old days” and as I understand still stands from some of my friends over seas in Puerto Rico. Gameness is obviously the defining trait a straight or rose comp is preferred as the birds with pea combs b/c they where easier to match? Funny how you could loose form if you stop to follow function.

17189_june62011_845.jpg

17189_june62011_846.jpg

17189_june62011_847.jpg

Don't know what she is but we bought her as a chick at a yard sale. Best $1 I spent. She is the best mom. Those are welsummer chicks she is mothering. Best broody on the farm and we specialize in silkies. Will let me pick them up without a grumble but will eat up any of the other chickens, geese, dogs, goats, etc. that even come close.

Quote:
I was able to candle the Asil eggs tonight, I have 6 of 7 developing with the other having a broken air sack. This is the best result I have ever had on shipped eggs!

Good deal, I have had BAD luck with shipped eggs. So far, my hatch rate from shipped eggs in the past has been 120 eggs put in bator, have had 1 hatch. I do have some brazilian eggs coming in the mail next week, hoping they do better.

Quote:
I was able to candle the Asil eggs tonight, I have 6 of 7 developing with the other having a broken air sack. This is the best result I have ever had on shipped eggs!

Good deal, I have had BAD luck with shipped eggs. So far, my hatch rate from shipped eggs in the past has been 120 eggs put in bator, have had 1 hatch. I do have some brazilian eggs coming in the mail next week, hoping they do better.

1 of 120! were they quail eggs?

hehehe to many game.. maybe, but that depends on if you were watching my neighbor's stupid dog, run for its life or not! the hens have about a dozen chicks, and the roos have decided to be super protective now of the hens, poults, chicks and eggs, which is odd, as before i let the hens brood some eggs and chicks, only the one hen and roo cared about them at all, now theyre kickin butt on everything that tries to come close as the chicks grow. I got cut by my fav cockrel, again, after so long of our truce, while trying to take a fresh egg from under a hen.. got clawed and scraped up by his wings, and glad his spurs havent started growing in yet! then after i moved away from the hen house into the light, i called him, and he flew right to me ans was sweet as can be again.. not sure if i should be upset, glad he is doing a good job, or feel stoopid for not wearing baseball cap and gloves to collect eggs. my games seem to have figured out that the silkies are fellow chckens finally, and now the roos are trying to figure out if they should try to mate, or fight the puff balls (i watch very close when silkies are out though). so far the courting is starting to win out over the curiousity the roos have, and the silkies also look confused, though they always kinda do.. its odd i know part of it is fluff, but my silkie youngsters seem same size or larger than my other birds, and theyre half the size of the adults that were for sale, but was under impression silkies were mostly a bantam breed??? didnt notice this till right after got the silkies home, then thought that id gotten the young runts! well if are trio, ill have meat babies to raise up, and assume feather fluff will just roast off, or just nice silkies to sell later, or brood my game chicks so my games dont loose condition and lay more (i think my games lay better tasting eggs than the layers i had).

Our games are supposedly from Green legged/Yellow legged Hatchs, this batch has extra long legs & seem to have a "top knot" that I thought was baby fuzz that would disappear when they got older but seems to be staying. Any opinions? They are 13 weeks old in these pictures
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/72749_100_0863.jpg https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/72749_100_0864.jpg https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/72749_100_0858.jpg https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/72749_100_0859.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom