Show Off Your Games!

Quote:
I have a grey toppy pullet but I am not sure exactly what Flarry Eyed means. I also have a toppy pullet that is black mottled.

Flarry eye is an old gamecock term for pearl eye. The old breeders are the only ones I've ever heard use the term. The flarry eye grey though whether they originally had pearl eye or not, I am not sure. I can't recall ever reading the history, and I've never seen one with any eye color other than red.
God bless,
Daniel.

ETA: Guess not, kind of interesting that the name Flarry eye actually was a play on their flaming red eye color.

Thanks

She is 1/2 toppy 1/2 jerezano.
utf-8BSU1HLTIwMTEwODMxLTAxMzg2LmpwZw.jpg

Quote:

He is Jerezano. He is my favorite out of my spanish style stags and cocks. I can't wait till she starts laying again So I can hatch some. I have 8 eggs hatching as I'm typing this off of him but with a red hen that isn't a toppy. These with be the first ones I get off him. I can't wait to see how they come out.

COOL!!!! Hey keep us informed of the new hatches, you may be plesantly surprised to see some top knots on the new hatches als, even though they are crosses!!! I have some that are Punkin Hulsey cross Toppy, some come crested some don't!!! I love the cross and am breeding it back both direction in some of my breeding programs. Would like to do some egg swappin some time if you are interested, maybe this spring. Lynn in Okla.

PS. Had the son out this weekend getting some cages finished as my back is messed up and I can't lift over 15 lbs all I could do was hand tools and move the extention cords and give orders(not that I minded!!! LOL ) but we got 6 more pens finished and birds moved around. Felt good to get that done before winter set in. Lynn
cool.png

Quote:

He is Jerezano. He is my favorite out of my spanish style stags and cocks. I can't wait till she starts laying again So I can hatch some. I have 8 eggs hatching as I'm typing this off of him but with a red hen that isn't a toppy. These with be the first ones I get off him. I can't wait to see how they come out.

Keep getting error message " unable to upload". I have some on the page where you upload them, but can't seem to post them on forum

Back
Top Bottom