Show Off Your Games!

Well, unfortunately that's another strike against you on them being hulsey, as greenfire farms was not selling quality hulsey, they were were selling nothing more than orange chickens they called hulsey. Unfortunately the Hulsey fowl have turned been turned into a joke by people like this. True Hulsey fowl are game for one thing, and should be yellow legged, straight combed birds. Don't feel bad though, many people that aren't familiar with gamefowl have been duped by greenfire as well. Nothing wrong with your birds though, they look nice and healthy, they just aren't Hulsey gamefowl is all.

Ok well I knew about the straight comb and yellow legs. The roo has semi yellow legs but the hen has green legs. Its fine with me though since they are more birds I bought because I liked the look of them not really for breeding and selling.

hey cuda i have 2 lines of pumkins the lighter ones with white legs are suposed to be larry carter line the darker yellow leged hulsey both straight comb can you let me know what you think any info not the greatest pics though

Well, the fact that you can keep males of that age together in the same pen should give you your answer. Like I said previously, a lot of people have been selling orange chickens with names attached to them to make a quick buck on the latest fad. It's unfortunate, as it's really been detrimental to the breed. I don't get too hung up on the color, and combs to be honest, as with gamefowl there is no absolute when it comes to variations. What matters is the abilities of the birds. Historically speaking, Hulsey fowl were medium stationed birds, that broke quite high, and were super quick. They were not particularly smart, but very aggressive. Those traits mean much more than the "conformation" in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom