Show Off Your Games!

Oh they're gold S mother was killed by dogs but I have silvers Now so I may do the cross again with that too and see what I get
I hate it when dogs kill chickens... I have literally lost about a hundred chicks/chickens from my dogs alone in all my years of chicken raising. Dont get German Shepherds if you plan to leave them alone with your birds.

I hate it when dogs kill chickens... I have literally lost about a hundred chicks/chickens from my dogs alone in all my years of chicken raising. Dont get German Shepherds if you plan to leave them alone with your birds.
15 minutes ago a hawk killed my last modern game hen 80.00 bird gone she had ribbons to and was off tom anderson stock

Train those dogs fellas. You will have great troubles keeping any number of birds for any length of time without good dogs to keep varmints off your birds. Fencing electrified works great when area defended small but raising young birds usually requires more acreage for benefits of free-range to be realized on developing physiology.

Last edited:
Train those dogs fellas. You will have great troubles keeping any number of birds for any length of time without good dogs to keep varmints off your birds. Fencing electrified works great when area defended small but raising young birds usually requires more acreage for benefits of free-range to be realized on developing physiology.
Agreed. I wish I had acreage... but I think I got my new Shepherd whooped into shape. Its been over a month since he has taken a chick and he has been very careful not to disturb them recently.

I think all chickens, especially gamefowl should be given an opportunity to run free-range. I am a big advocate of free range and have seen the benefits first hand, physically and psychologically. The chicks love getting out, they all jump around and flap their wings while chasing eachother around. You can just tell that they are happier when they are out... Cant wait to go home now and let them out.

I can shoot critters all day on weekends except when at church. Foxes simply have a similar work schedule and come Monday through Friday but usually Tuesdays. When they came at night it is very hard to get a clean shot at a trotting fox when flashlight covered in dew. I also had to loose a few birds before I new when to schedule meeting of lead and fox. Dogs make so fox and hawk always have secretary at the door to take care of predator's needs.

Gamefowl rooster and a brassy back oegb hen cross

Back
Top Bottom