Show Off Your Games!

Quote:
Congrats Donnie- They are very nice looking!! Did you read where I wrote that my birthday is coming up in March? LOL

thanks cwc, i seen that lol , well maybe we could do some egg swapping lol cause my bday is in june lol

Quote:
Hey !! My birthday is coming up in March - These would make an ideal gift!! LOL Need my address?

Both very nice birds !!!

Ha ha not a chance, but thanks for the compliment!
cool.png

Quote:
Understand that more than likely you do not have real Jungle Fowl. There are actually very few pure Jungle Fowl left in the world. Some of the best (read that as not contaminated with domestic poultry genes) were held by a friend of mine Dr I. Lehr Brisban at the Savanah River site.

Jungle fowl can not be kept with domestic poultry or they die. If you are not the normal keeper and you walk into where they are kept they will also die.... then and there.

What is raised and called Jungle Fowl today are not Jungle Fowl. saladin

Last edited:
Quote:
Understand that more than likely you do not have real Jungle Fowl. There are actually very few pure Jungle Fowl left in the world. Some of the best (read that as not contaminated with domestic poultry genes) were held by a friend of mine Dr I. Lehr Brisban at the Savanah River site.

Jungle fowl can not be kept with domestic poultry or they die. If you are not the normal keeper and you walk into where they are kept they will also die.... then and there.

Would that be due to they're immune system not being able to handle the exposure to common disease's in domestic fowl? Or is there another reason? About 12 years ago my father purchased a trio of "jungle fowl" and they were very frail by comparison to the game birds that he had raised. Very small light & fine boned. They all three died within a few months. I thought it was due to the change in climate, since at that point my Dad lived in Ohio, and the birds came from the south.

Quote:
What is a Bennett Grey?

Here's a picture of a good example.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/43076_bennett_3.jpg

I'd like to retract my statement that this bird is a good example of a Bennett Grey. It has been brought to my attention that the Bennett grey's typically come darker legged. I had just pulled this pic of the web and it was named Bennett grey. I didn't even notice how light the legs are.

Quote:
Hey !! My birthday is coming up in March - These would make an ideal gift!! LOL Need my address?

Both very nice birds !!!

Ha ha not a chance, but thanks for the compliment!
cool.png

Oh well it was worth a shot!!! LOL

Quote:
Congrats Donnie- They are very nice looking!! Did you read where I wrote that my birthday is coming up in March? LOL

thanks cwc, i seen that lol , well maybe we could do some egg swapping lol cause my bday is in june lol

lol.png

Quote:
Here's a picture of a good example.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/43076_bennett_3.jpg

I'd like to retract my statement that this bird is a good example of a Bennett Grey. It has been brought to my attention that the Bennett grey's typically come darker legged. I had just pulled this pic of the web and it was named Bennett grey. I didn't even notice how light the legs are.

There are two types of Bennett greys if i remember, Bob's and Johnnys. Johnny Bennetts are light legged pea combed greys, or the ones i saw were.

-Daniel.

Quote:

There are two types of Bennett greys if i remember, Bob's and Johnnys. Johnny Bennetts are light legged pea combed greys, or the ones i saw were.

-Daniel.

You are right about the Blackhats, I've seen them Direct that were Pearl and Yellow legged...

Quote:

Would that be due to they're immune system not being able to handle the exposure to common disease's in domestic fowl? Or is there another reason? About 12 years ago my father purchased a trio of "jungle fowl" and they were very frail by comparison to the game birds that he had raised. Very small light & fine boned. They all three died within a few months. I thought it was due to the change in climate, since at that point my Dad lived in Ohio, and the birds came from the south.

You are correct. Primarily, as I understand it, the problem is with the immune system. However, that would not account for them dying so easily from a stranger entering their pens. They are indeed very nervous and frail in comparison to domesticated varieties.
saladin

Back
Top Bottom