Show Off Your Games!

i never done the breeding i got a 1/4 irish game 3/4 sumatra and bred it back to a full shamo hen if i have pure stock i will breed pure stock if there mixed u will never get them back full it would take years upon years so i tryed something diffrent
makes sense, if you already got them crossed might as well experiment with them

wow I never heard of a irish game. what does a pure irish game look like?
pure Irish games will vary in type from bloodline to bloodline much like American games because the Irish stock was kept for performance long after many English lines became show lines. As a result you'll see size, shape, color, etc vary. Irish seem to favor hennies and (what we call in the states) b.b. reds and brown reds.

pure Irish games will vary in type from bloodline to bloodline much like American games because the Irish stock was kept for performance long after many English lines became show lines. As a result you'll see size, shape, color, etc vary. Irish seem to favor hennies and (what we call in the states) b.b. reds and brown reds.

Do you know where I could some pure Irish?

Do you know where I could some pure Irish?
In the U.S.? Not sure. If anyone has pure Irish in the U.S. you have to realize its a he-said-she-said game. If they came over from Ireland a long time ago did ever person who has had them resist the temptation to put something new into them? If they came over recently did the Irish breeder they came from know they were really crosses but sold them as "pure" to make a sale? Or the person who has them that you are talking to, are they lying about how pure they are? Maybe they honestly think they have pure Irish but one of the people who had the line prior to them crossed something into them and never told anyone.

My best advice is if you want pure Irish to do a lot of research before you buy. There's a guy on facebook who goes by Papa Ritz who has a line of Redquills he says came with his family from Ireland many generations ago. There's people selling birds on the Oakridge auction site that are Irish this or Irish that. Talk to them about their bloodlines, see if any red flags come up.

can someone tell me what type of game this is?

Back
Top Bottom