Show Off Your Games!

The only left from the silkie is the dark skin the father of these chicks has sumatra yokohama America game and oriental with frog eyes. The Sumatra only was used for black feather and dark eyes ,skin on sumatra is not dark only face is dark.
That's why I bred silkie .
So far the game factor is still there.
1f606.png
I hope I can get couple of those offspring this year.
what are you back crossing to? And are you line breeding? I'd recomend it line breeding after you cull is the best way to get results fast. I'd recomend father x daughter and then take a daughter off that back to a male from the same cross that produced the hen that was taken to the father. I'm a big fan of line breeding my best results with my show/weight pull apbt's came from father x daughter and mother x son then taking offspring from those two broods together

Last edited:
have you bred out that silkie friz in the feather yet?

what are you back crossing to? And are you line breeding? I'd recomend it line breeding after you cull is the best way to get results fast. I'd recomend father x daughter and then take a daughter off that back to a male from the same cross that produced the hen that was taken to the father. I'm a big fan of line breeding my best results with my show/weight pull apbt's came from father x daughter and mother x son then taking offspring from those two broods together
that's what I've been doing sometime when it was needed

I don't know if call the color moltted, splash or spangler.when they are breed with black I only get "spangler"and solid blacks. I only had one hen that gave me splash, blues and black. The white on this color is bleach white not as splash from blues. That's the reason I rather call them spangler now. Even if they Don't fall in the category of color

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom