Show Off Your Games!

This is a good technique to learn. Generally there is no blood...

That’s what I tried to do. I guess I forgot the “pull up” part before the “pull down” part. I even felt it give! But the little pecker still got up and ran. I may try it again, but the 22 sure is easier.

That’s what I tried to do. I guess I forgot the “pull up” part before the “pull down” part. I even felt it give! But the little pecker still got up and ran. I may try it again, but the 22 sure is easier.
The bending of the neck before pulling makes the separation easier. Larger and older birds can be stronger.

A good way to double check is to feel the neck when you're done. If you can find the end of the spine coming up from the neck, then you're golden. I also sometimes pull off the heads completely just to be triple sure, especially if I'm doing, say, five in a row for processing and I'm not holding them until they completely stop twitching.

20190131_115858.jpg

Back
Top Bottom