Show Off Your Games!

Here is something some of you guys might be interested in. It is designed to contain 3 singly penned hens that will have a cock rotated over them for 24 hours every third day. There is a gate between adjacent pens so cock can walk from one pen to next in sequence. Pieces of plywood serve as gates and will keep hens from seeing each other when at ground level. Previous design we found hens could be trained to fly out, have some fun with cock, then go back on pen on their own. Too much flying. Cock will do all the moving this time. He goes through pens in sequence, then walks around to other side to start over. Still a little training, but games really good for that.View attachment 2138411

I have seen several pens with the hens on tie cords and the rooster able to keep them all bred without having to move the brood cock so much. I currently have 2 that have become mean from messing with them and their hens. Most of those I’ve seen built like that were Done by Filipinos.

The wheaton pullet may have been roosting where here tail came into contact with something, or the feathers were damaged during shipment. The brown red looking pullet would likely looking like on of the following if she were male.

Images below fished off the internet. You should be able to find source if needed by clicking on them.
View attachment 2239597

View attachment 2239599
Beautiful birds. Thank you again for your expertise. Enjoy your day, Stay cool, drink plenty of sweet iced tea.

I have seen several pens with the hens on tie cords and the rooster able to keep them all bred without having to move the brood cock so much. I currently have 2 that have become mean from messing with them and their hens. Most of those I’ve seen built like that were Done by Filipinos.
The three pen setup for rotating a single cock worked great on the egg fertility side. The cock did not have feeling of being messed with because he wanted to go where I allowed him. He spent a day in each pen and got moved in morning just after he came off roost yet before the hens did. Hen in pen he was to move to solicited him to mate before he walked through gate. Once he went through all the pens, it took two rounds for him learn to walk around to other side to start again. Hens went broody before end of fourth pass.

The real problem was ammonia buildup from Cornish X in same room. Odds are that will not be problem next round.

The three pen setup for rotating a single cock worked great on the egg fertility side. The cock did not have feeling of being messed with because he wanted to go where I allowed him. He spent a day in each pen and got moved in morning just after he came off roost yet before the hens did. Hen in pen he was to move to solicited him to mate before he walked through gate. Once he went through all the pens, it took two rounds for him learn to walk around to other side to start again. Hens went broody before end of fourth pass.

The real problem was ammonia buildup from Cornish X in same room. Odds are that will not be problem next round.

Ive seen the Filipinos take hens to the cocks pen. Set her down she squats he breeds her and it’s all done in less than a minute. I’ve seen them breed 3-4 hens to a rooster back to back.

Ive seen the Filipinos take hens to the cocks pen. Set her down she squats he breeds her and it’s all done in less than a minute. I’ve seen them breed 3-4 hens to a rooster back to back.
I can do the back to back thing as you describe. The problem can be with hens 3 and 4 where they male is close to shooting blanks. Not much of a problem is process repeated next day with hens presented in a different sequence. Having a hen properly covered every third day appears sufficient.

Back
Top Bottom