Show Off Your Games!

Last night the bigger part of my young games baled from roost to sleep in weeds. I have a lot of neighbors launching the big stuff normally launched only by official fireworks people.

Sorry to hear it. Yesterday evening I sat on the deer stand into the night hoping to burn a depredation permit on a velvet buck or yearling doe. The deer bailed from the blueberry fields just before dark when the noise started. My nearest neighbors are 3/4 of a mile away through the woods but it sounded like Afghanistan 360 degrees around me. Worst 4th of July in recent memory for noise. I could tell some people were actually out on their deer leases setting them off. In small town North Florida most people gather for municipal fireworks but this year none were happening. Best I can figure, the Corona scare and the 4th falling on a Saturday night got everyone worked up to do fireworks in small parties at their homesteads and in the woods. The chickens were generally unaffected but that's because the noise mostly sounded like distant gun shots, which is something they hear from time to time around here. It was the wildlife that was more boogered out by it.

We can see displays clearly from some distance. Neighbor to immediate north has rockets that sometimes go directly over us. There are three firesworks stands only 2 miles from our house. Fireworks a very big deal here.

We going into eclipse molt now. Big pretty red or white hackle feathers with points being swapped for mostly black short round hackle feathers. Smaller sickle feathers also dropping. Wont be long before all bullstags and cocks will get skinny look like a hen.

Can anyone give me info on these 2. They were given to me and are completely different from rest of flock.
They are fast
They are flighty
They like to be in the trees-10 to 15 ft up.
I have not been able to get a clear pic of the black one. She's black with gold lace.
Spanish man gave them to me, says the are mexican games? He is not strong English and communication between us is hard.
20200707_071735.jpg
20200707_071729.jpg
20200707_071120.jpg
20200707_071127.jpg

The lighter colored pullet is exhibits the wheaton color pattern and may have blue legs. The darker is some version of the brown red. I cannot am unable to classify them to strain based on appearance. Multiple strains have those color patterns. If you invest the time into taming and training them, you can take them to places not possible with other breeds. With exception of tail on the wheaton, they appear in good feather. To my eyes they appear early hatch of this year.

The lighter colored pullet is exhibits the wheaton color pattern and may have blue legs. The darker is some version of the brown red. I cannot am unable to classify them to strain based on appearance. Multiple strains have those color patterns. If you invest the time into taming and training them, you can take them to places not possible with other breeds. With exception of tail on the wheaton, they appear in good feather. To my eyes they appear early hatch of this year.
Thank you so much! They are supposed to be about4-5 months old, the rest of flock (Australorp and new hampshire) is 19 weeks, these 2 are half the size of the others. When I got them a month ago, they did not know what chicken feed was, had never used a waterer, never been penned. Totally wild, the spanish man i got them from lets his birds run free totally. I think, not positive, he sells most all the boys. What is the matter with tail on Wheaton? And how is darker one considered brown red? when she is black with gold lacey feathers? You are very knowledgeable, I have read byc for over 2 yrs and your advice is good. Thanks again!

Thank you so much! They are supposed to be about4-5 months old, the rest of flock (Australorp and new hampshire) is 19 weeks, these 2 are half the size of the others. When I got them a month ago, they did not know what chicken feed was, had never used a waterer, never been penned. Totally wild, the spanish man i got them from lets his birds run free totally. I think, not positive, he sells most all the boys. What is the matter with tail on Wheaton? And how is darker one considered brown red? when she is black with gold lacey feathers? You are very knowledgeable, I have read byc for over 2 yrs and your advice is good. Thanks again!
The wheaton pullet may have been roosting where here tail came into contact with something, or the feathers were damaged during shipment. The brown red looking pullet would likely looking like on of the following if she were male.

Images below fished off the internet. You should be able to find source if needed by clicking on them.
1594551863992.png

1594551946803.png

Say warrior what else you're working with up there

Sorry I missed this. I’ve got 2 family’s of Roundheads Lacys and Cripple Tony’s 3 family’s of greys- white legged straight comb, yellow legged pea combed fowl and some green legged greys. . Some Mel Sims and some of my blacks. I raise and campaign some yellow legged hatch. Some solid mugs and a couple Tojo japs for crossing into my performance birds.

Back
Top Bottom