Show Off Your Horses!

Quote:
FREE???
ep.gif
th.gif
OHMYGAWD did you get a nice horse. I thought she was a he, oops. She is built built built! So loose and ground covering. How old is she? Man, with the right stallion, like a foundation quarter, could you get some quality horses with her....
She is mouth watering...I'm drooling.
droolin.gif
I betcha she could do jumping/dressage/western and trailriding with no problem.

Yep, we got her for free! We hadn't even ridden her before bringing her home, and I didn't actually see her before we went to get her. Her and I clicked right away though. The owners were afraid of her and when they had to downsize, she was the first to go. She was 5 in the pictures so I think she'd be about 6 now.

Eventually she will be my trail horse, but I'd love to do halter and a bit of pleasure with her. She's really lazy and with some training I think she'll have a nice slow gait. My dad works her every other day or so and puts a saddle on at least two or three times a week. He says she's coming along nicely and he's done a few street rides with her. She gets a bit jumpy/spooky when she sits in the field. I'm away at school so I don't get to ride her nearly as much as I wish I could. Once we get her going on and off the trailer, we'll be taking her out to the local trail. She will be the replacement of our old gelding, who will retire to a lazy life in our fields! Hopefully this spring, my dad will be sending her out to a trainer for some formal training. That will be a great learning experience for her and us!

My horse Major right after a dust bath, he's a 13 year old Morgan gelding.
50554_major1.jpg

Cloud, she's a 7 year old Appy mare.
50554_cloud1.jpg

Maggie, she's a 16 year old QH mare who dislikes getting her pic taking.
50554_maggie.jpg

And last but not lest is Chance who is a 2 year old paint stud colt. He won't come to his name so I'm going to rename him Splash which he will answer to.
50554_img_1279.jpg

All you lucky guys who have horses (IN PLURAL) in fields with miles of trails etc.....I'm jealous...BUT I live in a city just outside of Los Angeles where my horse is 1 1/2 miles from me and I can ride just about 300 days out of the year. We have a wonderful public park riding arena and a small trail. IF I had a trailer I could ride in the trails along the riverbed....but alas no trailer - no more.....maybe one day again.......
pop.gif

Quote:
SHOW OFF!!!! ... I acutally have pics like that I...just didn't share them.
hide.gif
wink.png

Any ways lovely picture!

Well why not? Show off all you want, thats what this thread is for!!!
big_smile.png
Now im dithering again about selling my 17yr old DWB...thanks a lot!
wink.png
He is gorgeous, thanks for sharing.

Thanks so much guys - I love the photos everyone is posting of their amazing and beautiful horses!!

Graf's mom was a racehorse (and apparently he used to joust with his former owner) so he would be so very honored by all the love for an old man. I will give him a carrot for you guys.

It is so amazing! Bobwhitequaillover probably remembers that i really wanted a horse, and i think a miracle is in the works! My mom found a house that is in the 'country' and it has a couple acres and horse stalls AND tack room! It will fit my whole family, and i could finallynget my own horse!!! We're going for a tour on Thursday!!! Ineed prayers that this will work out!!!

Back
Top Bottom