Show off your house ducks!

MissBehavin is now showered and clean like a proper house duck. It gave me a chance to give her a good once over as well. She decided that proper house ducks do not take tub baths, they take showers. Like any teen, she spent a lot of time in her shower...
Fitted her diapers, and promptly lost an entire package of Velcro. Since she has some back bruising, I decided not to use nylon webbing for the adjustable strap, and of course am now stuck until I locate the errant Velcro... So close, and yet so far away!!
And oh that hen voice carries. Her mother is very quiet. She is a talker...

Poor little girl! I hope her back heals up fast. That's too funny how she prefers showers, LOL! Sometimes I take Wobs into the shower with me, he seems to like it but it's not ideal because it's kinda hard to shampoo with a duck underfoot.

I can't wait until Bean is strong enough to put back in the bath, we discovered she's a zoomie! Before she got sick we gave her one sink bath, she instantly darted underwater before promptly popping back up and started calling for mommy because it never occurred to her to simply look up. :p She's awfully sweet and gentle, but not the brightest crayon in the box.

Poor little girl! I hope her back heals up fast. That's too funny how she prefers showers, LOL! Sometimes I take Wobs into the shower with me, he seems to like it but it's not ideal because it's kinda hard to shampoo with a duck underfoot.

I can't wait until Bean is strong enough to put back in the bath, we discovered she's a zoomie! Before she got sick we gave her one sink bath, she instantly darted underwater before promptly popping back up and started calling for mommy because it never occurred to her to simply look up. :p She's awfully sweet and gentle, but not the brightest crayon in the box. 

Bean sounds wonderful!!! How is she feeling by the way?

MissBehavin's back is already looking better after a good soaking and a day of relaxing by the front patio door in the breeze. She follows me everywhere but out the back door where the geese are! She waits patiently under the kitchen table when I go outside.
Her siblings who listened to the goose and showed him respect are thriving outside in this amazing weather. Narcissus is ignoring them completely. He is just a goose who likes to get respect! MissBehavin has too much sass in her to be outside with him!

Bean sounds wonderful!!! How is she feeling by the way?

MissBehavin's back is already looking better after a good soaking and a day of relaxing by the front patio door in the breeze. She follows me everywhere but out the back door where the geese are! She waits patiently under the kitchen table when I go outside.
Her siblings who listened to the goose and showed him respect are thriving outside in this amazing weather. Narcissus is ignoring them completely. He is just a goose who likes to get respect! MissBehavin has too much sass in her to be outside with him!

Aww, that sounds both adorable and kinda sad that she hides under the table cuz of the mean ol' goose! Also, "Narcissus", ha, what a perfect name for a gander. :p

Bean is doing much better, thank goodness! She's napping now but this morning she was a total tearaway. I let her run around on a heated blanket and she had a blast. I didn't think I'd ever see her hyper happy self again!

Aww, that sounds both adorable and kinda sad that she hides under the table cuz of the mean ol' goose! Also, "Narcissus", ha, what a perfect name for a gander. :p

Bean is doing much better, thank goodness! She's napping now but this morning she was a total tearaway. I let her run around on a heated blanket and she had a blast. I didn't think I'd ever see her hyper happy self again!

I'm so glad Bean is doing better!! You have quite the little firecracker there! It's wonderful!!!

This is my payback for having a down pillow. The tables are turned, and I'm the comfy pillow now. She shimmied up close to me and fell asleep...

Yay Bean! :highfive:

Took some Bean photos! Just waitin' on my lazy hubby to get around to uploading them :p

Now that her personality is able to shine though I've found that she's such a sweetie, but not the brightest bulb, I'm afraid. Today after giving her fresh food and a new towel she took a mouthful of crumble, dropped it on the ground, and ate it off the ground while standing IN the food bowl! Ducks, man. XD

Back
Top Bottom