Show off your house ducks!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Scovy Momma, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Kaessa

Kaessa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2015
    Fruita, CO
    She's beginning to remind me of Harley. Or, as she was originally nicknamed, Derpy. She still hasn't figured out what steps are for. EVERY other duck that lives here knows how to use the step to get into the pool. Not her. She'll try to climb over the side right next to the step. Occasionally she accidently gets it right, but she's usually oblivious.

2. Tevyes Dad

Tevyes Dad Leader of the Quack

Apr 22, 2014
    Montana
    She could be like Tevye... He isn't dumb, but he thinks out of the box, out of the warehouse, two blocks down the street at the ice cream parlor.

3. Amykins

Amykins Overrun With Chickens

May 11, 2013
    I hope so, that would be the best thing EVER! ...I admit it's hard not to compare her to Milkshake. I feel really bad about that, but I guess it's inevitable. Shakey was a real firecracker and smart as a whip! She'd have been a handful, but a joy to have, I'm sure. At least she's at peace now...I get to pick up her tiny footprint plaque Thursday.

I'm just so relieved Bean is gonna make it. My face can't stop grinning. She really is an absolute sweetheart, and she loves snuggles <3 She's miles away from the frightened, skittish little thing we picked up in Olympia!

4. 18angovem

18angovem Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2014
    Warren Pennsylvania
    Quote:I miss milkshake as well.... She was such a cutie... It just makes me sad, You will have to show us her plaque. I am SOOOO happy that beanie is doing well. It would have been terrible to lose both....

5. Amykins

May 11, 2013
    No kidding. I really thought we were gonna lose her, she was in horrible shape Wednesday and Thursday. She wouldn't even move, she just let her head flop onto the ground and lie there. ;; I don't think I've ever been so worried, I couldn't even keep food down! But thanks to my amazing vet and the generosity of all you guys, she made it. Beyond all odds. She's a fighter, that's for sure! Good an' stubborn, just like her mama!

1 person likes this.
  6. kukupecpec

kukupecpec Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2012
    Tucson AZ
    I love this!!! ChaCha does that when she sleeps on the bed. If she can't be ON your head, she perches on your arm. And then, heaven help you if you should so much as shiver Lol

She loves the wind! I think she secretly wishes she was a petite little call duck instead of the lumbering pekin fat monster that she is =P

I've never been able to convince duck or goose that showers are the way to go. ChaCha will take it, but she much prefers baths. Sometimes if she's gotten into something nasty - you know, like walking under the parked car and coming out the other side caked in oily goo - I'll bring her in the shower and wring my shampoo hair over her to get her all soaped up for a good momma washin.

Make sure and get us a zoomies video!!! I LOVE ducky zoomies! How can anyone resist that tiny fuzzy body having so much fun!

SO CUTE!!! Naptime =)

:lau :clap

I'm so glad to hear she's doing well and here to stay! I hope to have MANY bean pictures in our future!!

Last edited: Apr 14, 2015
  7. Amykins

May 11, 2013
    You want Bean photos? Oh, I got Bean photos!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. 18angovem

18angovem Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2014
    Warren Pennsylvania
    She is ADORABLE!!! Oh my goodness! Is here head a different color as well?

1 person likes this.
  9. Julie Birb

Julie Birb Ducks win

Mar 22, 2014
    Italy
    KISS THE BEAN KISS THE BEAN AND AGAIN, KISS THE BEAN

10. Julie Birb

Julie Birb Ducks win

Mar 22, 2014
    Italy
    i am so happy the little thing is coming into her own. such a sweet little life offering all of us and you here so much joy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by