Show off your house ducks!

Our Shelduck Jeff and our 2 Khaki Campbells love earthworms, here in NZ in rural areas like where I live, the most common size is about 5 - 7 inches long and about 1/2 an inch thick, very hard to find small ones out here, all three of the ducks do a hilarious happy dance when it's treat (worm) time although Jeff ran away from the first big worm he saw, but like most small children couldn't resist coming back cautiously and tasting it then it was all go after that, it does make gardening interesting having 2 ducks and 3 chickens leaping into any hole you dig looking for worms and if I go to get compost from the heap there is always an appreciative audience in tow!
1f601.png

Excuse me, did you say SHELDUCK?!?!?! I'm stealing him!!!!!!!!!!! I love shelducks! Please post a pic!!!! Where did you get him?
Let him mate your khaki girls!!!!! I wanna see the mixes!!!!!

Good news is got two locks the third is on the way soon. Bad news is my son got sick again and it through everything into a panic. The rabbits got out the hen got out. And he accidentally put tricky in the wrong cage. Needless to say I have another hen in sick bay. I can't win. I need to get the duck eggs out of the coop so I can put my drake back with the girls. So I can move my middle ducks . To the pen where eithen is. So I can move the baby ducks where middle ducks our. So my baby's coming Monday have the baby coop. It's not working.

Olive is getting SO HUGE!! She has grown in to her horse face too, lmao!

These last two are her in the kitchen tonight, we got another watermelon and this little bum knows it. When she gets let out of the brooder the first thing she does is run peeping to the fridge door! She thinks she's so clever, leading us over there like that. Certainly she'll get watermelon if she makes us go in the kitchen, right?
wink.png

Earlier she'd already been fed so much of it that her diaper (which was on at the time) was actually near impossible to get off. She was so stuffed that she got too fat for the neck hole, and I cut that a little big on purpose! I gave her too much since I just needed her occupied for a moment and didn't think she could possibly eat all of it. Boy was I wrong. She reminds me of some monitor lizards I've known LMAO.

Olive is getting SO HUGE!! She has grown in to her horse face too, lmao! These last two are her in the kitchen tonight, we got another watermelon and this little bum knows it. When she gets let out of the brooder the first thing she does is run peeping to the fridge door! She thinks she's so clever, leading us over there like that. Certainly she'll get watermelon if she makes us go in the kitchen, right? ;) Earlier she'd already been fed so much of it that her diaper (which was on at the time) was actually near impossible to get off. She was so stuffed that she got too fat for the neck hole, and I cut that a little big on purpose! I gave her too much since I just needed her occupied for a moment and didn't think she could possibly eat all of it. Boy was I wrong. She reminds me of some monitor lizards I've known LMAO.
Awwwwww! Is she a fawn/white runner?

Well went out to eggs today to had stuff leaking out. One all yolk and the other one had a little duck in it that had died in the shell it looked like it was very early stage but not as early as the other one I saw. So yes they our fertal just have to figure out why it's premature death.

I think I want to research the endanger listings. And look intwo that envirment and life style. And choose a ducks turkeys and chicken from list.

Back
Top Bottom