Show off your house ducks!

Oh, poor Olive...she and I have something in common, as I just had the same procedure! Please keep us all updated, ok? *hugs*

I'm a bit late to the party here but I am SO GLAD you got your babies back Amykins! I can't imagine going that long without my birds but you persevered! May your recovery be as speedy and painless as possible

I hope the good news will continue. My girl Olive has been having reproductive problems since her first egg in the form of frequent double yolkers, chronic egg binding and multiple cases of peritonitis. I've been working with a vet through all of this and we really didn't want to do anything surgical without exhausting all our other options to make sure it was the right choice. So much stuff can cause this after all! Nothing has worked and we've just been putting a bandage on what appears to be a congenital problem. Olive will he going in for a hysterectomy next week, as well as receiving a hormone blocker implant to be certain her ovaries (which must be left in) shut down. It is such a risk and I'm really scared for her, but if we don't do this one of these times she is going to get so sick we won't be able to save her. She's not even a year old. I hope her youth buys her some luck under the knife.

Here she is at the vet on Monday looking as lively as she had in awhile- she was eggbound two days because the vet was closed, the poor thing!

Awe, Olive is so adorable. Sweet and innocent girl. You are so awesome for taking care of her with the vet. I sincerely hope everything works out for your precious bird.

Excuse me, did you say SHELDUCK?!?!?! I'm stealing him!!!!!!!!!!! I love shelducks! Please post a pic!!!! Where did you get him?
Let him mate your khaki girls!!!!! I wanna see the mixes!!!!!
funny thing about that is we only have pictures of Jeff as a baby (fluffy black and white striped ) he has since returned to the wild where he belongs and has a pretty girlfriend, I get to see him as the lake they live on is across the street. My girls now have a Buff Orpington drake (Thomas) to hang out with and love, have 18 fertile eggs under the girls already, 1 is a double yolker though, I've heard that they often don't survive but I'm hoping and praying for a miracle this time.

First post here! :)
This handsome fella is peepers. I usually just call him ducky boy though.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom