Show off your house ducks!

Reminds me of Floki's "Winston Churchill" pic....lol.....love em
I thought I would share some photos of our most recent adventure with Misty. At the beach on the edge of a cliff, don't worry I only let go of her for the pic! On a walk at the same beach And up on a fence getting a good view.

Bean goes zoom! ...She is SUCH a better swimmer than Wobbles xD

0.jpg
Look at that that little Bean go!!!!!! Missy was fascinated by her quacks at the end!!!

Had a single hatch yesterday. While everyone is busy pipping and hatching I have a very lonely pheasant. He suckered me into holding him while he napped. Missy is not pleased at the baby bird invasion. She is parking on top of my head again at night, and pretending to be totally disinterested during the day. I have at least 4 of the mixed pekin and moulard batch are pipped. There were bills in every air cell at lockdown. This will be her first experience with larger hatches, and now that spring production has started there will be new babies every week. I'm thinking she will need some special cuddle time and treats until she gets used to the flow through the brooder buckets, grow out pens and play pens. She is taking her frustrations out on the cats. They streak by in a panic followed by that pat pat pat pat pat of Missy's feet on the floor....

Look at that that little Bean go!!!!!! Missy was fascinated by her quacks at the end!!!

Had a single hatch yesterday. While everyone is busy pipping and hatching I have a very lonely pheasant. He suckered me into holding him while he napped. Missy is not pleased at the baby bird invasion. She is parking on top of my head again at night, and pretending to be totally disinterested during the day. I have at least 4 of the mixed pekin and moulard batch are pipped. There were bills in every air cell at lockdown. This will be her first experience with larger hatches, and now that spring production has started there will be new babies every week. I'm thinking she will need some special cuddle time and treats until she gets used to the flow through the brooder buckets, grow out pens and play pens. She is taking her frustrations out on the cats. They streak by in a panic followed by that pat pat pat pat pat of Missy's feet on the floor....

The "patpatpat" of duck feet on a hard surface is the best, isn't it? <3 I love that little pheasant, such a sweet little sleepy baby!

Also, the image of Missy watching you as you browse the internet is nine kinds of priceless. It's only topped by the fact that she sits on top of your head at night :p

The "patpatpat" of duck feet on a hard surface is the best, isn't it? <3 I love that little pheasant, such a sweet little sleepy baby!

Also, the image of Missy watching you as you browse the internet is nine kinds of priceless. It's only topped by the fact that she sits on top of your head at night :p

Here she is last weekend watching a lecture on the duality of the universe.

She lasted about 15 minutes before climbing into my lap and falling asleep...

Pale girl is walking with a light limp now. I'm hoping to pull her bandage at the end of the week!!!

Here she is last weekend watching a lecture on the duality of the universe. She lasted about 15 minutes before climbing into my lap and falling asleep... Pale girl is walking with a light limp now. I'm hoping to pull her bandage at the end of the week!!!
Yay for Pale Girl. Getting better. Missy is extremely adorable. I'd snuggle with her anytime.

Look at that that little Bean go!!!!!! Missy was fascinated by her quacks at the end!!! Had a single hatch yesterday. While everyone is busy pipping and hatching I have a very lonely pheasant. He suckered me into holding him while he napped. Missy is not pleased at the baby bird invasion. She is parking on top of my head again at night, and pretending to be totally disinterested during the day. I have at least 4 of the mixed pekin and moulard batch are pipped. There were bills in every air cell at lockdown. This will be her first experience with larger hatches, and now that spring production has started there will be new babies every week. I'm thinking she will need some special cuddle time and treats until she gets used to the flow through the brooder buckets, grow out pens and play pens. She is taking her frustrations out on the cats. They streak by in a panic followed by that pat pat pat pat pat of Missy's feet on the floor....
Precious precious innocent little pheasant that wants to be held. Sweet little warm being. And then Missy. She is rad with her powerful personality and moods and actions. I could easily be in love with her. Again we go into the intelligent realm of this wonderful bird.

Bean has yet another surprise for me - she's a tortie! Her head is a lovely mishmash of grey, white, and reddish-brown. Both Hils and I adore tortoiseshell kitties, and as it just so happens, we both recently lost our beloved childhood tortie kitties within the same year, Snickers and Bashi. So we're delighted that we now have a tortie duck to carry on the tradition. <3

I'll try ti get some close-up shots, but she hates my tablet...oddly enough she shows no such fear for Hils' cell phone. Go figure.
she just a ironic little she duck.

Geez, I am weird.

Back
Top Bottom