Show off your house ducks!

The whole chicken is soft like fur. They are missing the stiff, spiny part of the feathers.

They can't see as well as a regular chicken. I gave mine a haircut so they could see.

If you mean the one I posted, they mostly don't. That's a house chicken.
Oh my word. How interesting.

He is wonderful. He is so cute. Cool as an indoor chicken. To be certain, is he a male and if so since being indoors does be crow? I usually refer to birds whose sex I do not know as he.

The whole chicken is soft like fur. They are missing the stiff, spiny part of the feathers.

They can't see as well as a regular chicken. I gave mine a haircut so they could see.
fascinating that the fur has no spines like a feather does. And that you cut his hair. If you didn't would it grow super long? I am learning all sorts of fun things here.

Julie, you are so adorable! Almost as much as your wee bitty pygmy finch ducks!
hugs.gif

Oh my word. How interesting.

He is wonderful. He is so cute. Cool as an indoor chicken. To be certain, is he a male and if so since being indoors does be crow? I usually refer to birds whose sex I do not know as he.

Yes, that one is a roo. His name is Socrates, and he's not mine. He's a show bird and his owner Stephanie keeps him indoors mostly to keep him in pristine condition.

I showed Scott a pic of him a while back and he said, "What is that thing? A tribble?"

There's a guy who is breeding for the apple shaped serama & he calls his birds Tribbles! I think I can find his pics of his birds...
Found him:
@Ra_

Last edited:
I made the mistake of trimming one a little too short. It took forever to grow back. Now I only trim around their eyes.

They make excellent mothers. I have one raising 7 runner duckings.

Silkies are lap dog type chickens. Most of them seem to put up with being cuddled and carried around.

I made the mistake of trimming one a little too short. It took forever to grow back. Now I only trim around their eyes.

They make excellent mothers. I have one raising 7 runner duckings.

Silkies are lap dog type chickens. Most of them seem to put up with being cuddled and carried around.
My hubby isn't fond of chickens, so I'm trying to entice him. I might have to give all of you his cell number so you can call him and say, "Must have Silkies, must have Silkies..."

Back
Top Bottom