Show off your house ducks!

No!!! No omelettes!!!
ep.gif

She needs to lay a bit bigger eggs so we can hatch out some baby Grey's!!
gig.gif
That's so cuuute! Beybey Greys!
love.gif

You're so sweet, Buck! Thank you for that. I'll tell ya what, I will definitely keep that in mind.
hugs.gif

I haven't named it yet but I was told it is more than likely a pullet, so I'm thinking!

Are they very delicate health-wise?

I could just eat her up! Just want to squeeze her all up when I get home!
I'll see if they get back to me tomorrow, I hope so too.

well mandarin ducklings are best raised with anything else that they can remotely get 'along with' and they have to learn what to eat, and if nothing is there to actually show them then they will starve bc they don't know what to do. As well as the first month they can easily get stress attacks and die
sad.png
as well as easily chill and well you know.. Sky did have a brother or sister, but after i took sky and the other duckling ( I named her magnolia gypsy
hit.gif
) for a bath and put them back in the brooder, it was laying under a the ceiling fan and the temp was about 72 degrees, but after i came back ( about 30 mins) Maggie was no longer with us. Sky was so scared and didnt know what to do, luckily my brother had gotten a snowy call duckling the same day that i got Them and i quickly put Sky in with the call duck ( Whose name is isis ( egyptian goddess of beauty) ) to get her away from maggie who was laying like a stone in the water bowl
hit.gif
I made me realize how fragile these exotic/ wild breeds are

I'm so blessed that Sky likes me as much as she does now, she used to be petrified of me especially after that experience. Anyway after about a month i got my ember and he instantly liked me more since he already knew what to do food wise ( he was already about 1 month or 3 weeks old) and i thought he was a she then about 3 weeks or 2 months ( it seems so long, i'm not good with time) Low and behold he was getting his boy stripes :) so thats pretty much my mandarin story it was long and at first super sad but I'm blessed now :)

Sorry for that long story about my babies and how mandarin babies r, i got really off track

She takes her new magical egg producing abilities very seriously... :gig

You outta see how long it takes for her to get "the spot" just right for her magic eggs...
I wanna see. Does the little cutie web pad around her nest til it's just right? Her little elggs are so cute.

I wanna see. Does the little cutie web pad around her nest til it's just right? Her little elggs are so cute.

Most of these are really dark, sorry... will try to get better pics of her doing it soon...

She leans onto her chest while kicking her webs out really fast... then turns around and does it from another direction... she did this for 30 mins yesterday before she finally laid her egg, lol...

Back
Top Bottom