Show off your house ducks!

This is my Mallard Lloyd. Although he may actually be a she. I dunno yet. He's the best pet & I love him to pieces. I got him about 2 months ago, when he was just a duckling & he's my only duck. He keeps me laughing & he is so full of curiosity. He's pretty much in the house most the time, but I do take him outside everyday to wander around & swim in his pool. I sure hope I'm doing everything right for him, cuz he's become a part of our family.

Hello fellow duck lovers!
I'm so happy I found this thread!
Last month one of my ducks completely abandoned her nest after sitting on it for two weeks. I quickly got my incubator ready and put the eggs in but sadly they all were all duds... we'll, all but one!
He ended up hatching about a week ago. He's too young to go outside with the others but he screams of I leave him alone.
Does anyone know some good places to buy inexpensive duck diapers?
I want him to be able to hang out with me but I don't want to clean up all the poop, haha!

I hear ya. I'm constantly cleaning up poop from my duck. I tried buying him a diaper off Amazon, but putting it on him is a different story. I have no idea how to get it on & he's not exactly eager to have it on either.

This is my Mallard Lloyd. Although he may actually be a she. I dunno yet. He's the best pet & I love him to pieces. I got him about 2 months ago, when he was just a duckling & he's my only duck. He keeps me laughing & he is so full of curiosity. He's pretty much in the house most the time, but I do take him outside everyday to wander around & swim in his pool. I sure hope I'm doing everything right for him, cuz he's become a part of our family.

Lloyd is sooo cute! :love If Lloyd can quack super loud he's a girl (I had that with my Eduard) :D

Thank you. He's my buddy & I absolutely love him. I'm kinda figuring out now, that he probably is a girl. Dunno what to call him now, he's been a boy the whole time I've had him & he comes to Lloyd. Might just have a girl named Lloyd.
1f914.png
1f603.png

I would keep the name if she is used to it. Girl ducks with boy names are funny :p

My duckling just pooped on me - again- I should figure out a way to make diapers and train Winnie to wear them

For duck diapers, check back through the thread... lots of good ideas, but will take some looking, lol...

For ducklings, a sock with holes cut out works in a pinch... :)

Awe, Lloyd. I love you. You're cute and funny and you are sitting on on your family member's knee and your webs are adorable against the denim jeans.

Back
Top Bottom