Show off your Mallards!

Good and good riddance.
Same neighbours just bought another husky pup though... am not happy, at all... I think this time I'm going to raise a bit of a stink when it starts harrassing my birds. Before I only bit back my sorrow, buried the dead, and kept the survivors locked up. I've had enough now. In monetary value alone some of the breeding pens I have up (4 birds) are easily worth $250. It might cost even more than that to replace them, because sources are so few and far between shipping is practically required.

Last edited:
Well they better keep this one reigned in. Not to advocate killing but IMO it's only justified to shoot that new dog if it kills any more of your birds.

I'm glad you are going to stand up to them, Banti, if it becomes a problem.
I'd hate to go that far, those neighbours are more family than neighbours... but I sure wouldn't be above a BB gun. Or a paintball gun. At least the people involved would get the point even if the dog didn't.

That's good to know. At least you could reason with them. I sure hope it never becomes an issue.
Me too. They say they'll keep him locked up...
I've already seen him loose though. :rolleyes: It's hard because the dog belongs to their kids, and the neighbors themselves aren't always home at those times.

Oh no. That makes it hard then. Can't they train it not to bother your birds?
Training Huskies not to hunt birds is like nailing jello to a tree. I have never seen a Husky that cohabitates peacefully with fowl—I'd love to eat my words on this if anyone has a well-behaved specimen. IMO they're closer to wolves than dogs in some respects.

Great analogy. That is so unfortunate. I sincerely hope it doesn't mess with a single bird of yours. I agree. They are very much like wolves. Eek!!
I'm going to be restoring my run to operation as soon as the snow melts enough to get it pulled against the coop. I am also building an inner run to house my bantams, since they'd just hop over the 4.5ft fence. I feel so bad cooping them up but I don't want to risk their lives like that. The bantams are my darlings... just like my duckies. I will personally strangle the beast if it breaks into my run and kills my ducks.

Anyway, rant over, I guess, lol. It's kind of a stalemate right now—me vs crazy killer hound. He doesn't know where we live/that there's birds here—yet.

Back
Top Bottom