Show off your MUTTS !

My mutt, Pete (Yes she's a girl) She's a Black Tailed White Japanese crossed with a Black Cochin...
cool.png

This is Boy George, an EE rooster (hatchery chick). I'm trying to guess at his background, he has no muff/beard and kind of odd shaped head. I love his coloring but not sure if I want to keep him for breeding my EE hens.

Here is my newest mutt...We were surprised to see this one come out of a green egg! Hatched on 12/27/11... She is a Blue Silkie/EE mix... Can't wait to see how she matures!

Here are my 3 Muskateers that our Rhode Island Red hatched out: The two on the left are EE/Buff Mixes and the other is a Buff/Red mix...

Last edited:
Anyone have french black copper maran crossed with an EE? And what color would the eggs be? I have 4 eggs in the incubator.

Anyone have french black copper maran crossed with an EE? And what color would the eggs be? I have 4 eggs in the incubator.

I hatched four chicks over the summer that had EE mothers and FBCM father. The mothers were your basic brownish EE. See them here:

Dad here (he was only about 3-4 months old here):

The chicks haven't started laying yet (I expect it in February). If you remind me, when they do start laying, I'll let you know what color. I was guessing they'd be olive eggs though.

Anyway, these pictures are from when the chicks were about 4 months old.

To me, it looked like other than the beard/muff, the BCM genes definitely won out in this case. All four had feathered legs, and looked exactly like BCM except a couple had beards.

Back
Top Bottom