Show off your MUTTS !

You're welcome. Those pictures are a good 2 or 3 months old. I actually gave the chicks to my SIL. She sold off the two roosters. I've been meaning to go back and visit my "babies". I'm kind of curious to see how they look now.

So posting on this thread got me curious about my "grandchickens", so I went to SIL's house today, and asked if I could visit her birds.

The hens are full grown now, and they look EXACTLY like FBCM, except both have black beards. They have beautiful copper on their necks. One has a single comb, and the other has a pea comb (sign of her EE mother).

Anyway, when I went out to see them, I saw that one had laid her very first egg!! I think I see the slightest hint of olive, but it could be my eyes playing tricks on me.

Aria
Buff Orpington Bantam x Golden Laced Polish

Yepa (Left), Yuma (Right)
Golden Laced Polish x Partridge Rock, Golden Laced Polish x New Hampshire

Noodle, Remix, Willie Nelson, Kamilia
Golden Laced Polish x Black Sex-Link

My EE, Apolla (R.I.P
hit.gif
)

Mutts are the best! Here are mine:
Shadow, brown-egg-laying EE

Pecan, production RIR x bantam birchen Cochin (she has a half sister whose mother is a blue bantam Cochin)

Dib, frizzled green-egg-laying feather-footed five-toed... something?

Swarley, 4 month old random mutt... I bought her and some others as chicks from someone who claimed they were Austrolorps. Obviously, I knew they aren't, but they were cute so I got them.

Jayy Von (the black and orange one) and an unnamed cockerel. Both 100% roo, Jayy is going to a new home soon and Unnamed is going to freezer camp. I got them with Swarley.

1-month-old Mert, production RIR x SLW, BSL, or EE. He has a brother/half-brother named Aloysius and Pecan is also their half-sister. They have HUGE combs, so I'm pretty sure they're both roos, but I'm going to try and get a bunch more pullets so I can keep both of them.

1 month old Honey Badger. Buff Brahma x ?

Back
Top Bottom