Show off your Old English Game Bantams!!

I......MUST....HAVE.....ONE....OF......THESE!! :D X2 SDW's are definitely my favorite. Clara captured my heart faster than any of my birds! By the way Oz, Harriet and another (unnamed) hen are trading off on the nest. This morning Harriet was out getting a bite to eat, and the other was covering the eggs, but I'm sure Harriet will take over whenever she wants. 9 eggs under her as of last night.
WV, I have a lone blue brassyback hen.... if you were closer..... :/ Go team broody! :)
Having my worst hatch of the year this weekend. Looks like 2 out of 20. Don't know what happened, but you win some, you lose some. The 2 that are hatching, though, are from the Sport/Brassyback pair.
Dang... sorry, jophus...
I hate that happened but I'm glad you got two out of that breeding. I studied the Kippenjungle site some yesterday and think I figured out how to at least use that website for OEGB colors.
If you get OEGB colors down then you're golden... their colors are the bases of most other breeds...

Thanks for the condolences guys. In the grand scheme of things, it's not too big of a blow, but I hate it for the chicks. Love hearing the little chirps during hatching season.

I'm going to drown my sorrows by packing an incubator full of Black and Blue French Copper Maran, Black and Blue Polish, and OEGB eggs. Don't judge me.

Besides, it's cheap (or is that "cheep") therapy.

Thanks for the condolences guys. In the grand scheme of things, it's not too big of a blow, but I hate it for the chicks. Love hearing the little chirps during hatching season.

I'm going to drown my sorrows by packing an incubator full of Black and Blue French Copper Maran, Black and Blue Polish, and OEGB eggs. Don't judge me.

Besides, it's cheap (or is that "cheep") therapy.

That's why I'm in it! Let me know when you start reducing your stock. I'm going to try to talk the Mrs. into a road trip! ;)

I just used the info y'all gave me and started plugging it in and playing around. Hoping a little made it to my brain.

I do pretty good with the basics. Simple recessive, doms, co-doms. I think one thing that hinders my understanding is that there are several terms people use to describe the same things. I used to breed reptiles, snakes in particular, so I had a little understanding before I really started breeding chickens.

Had a guy sell me 18 French Copper Marans and a dozen polish eggs for $20 today. His birds look good, and he wanted to do some egg trading, so I got a really good deal.

Got a line on some high quality Jap eggs, and a guy called me tonight with some Bielefelder eggs.

I'm gonna need a bigger incubator. I love my Dads old Farm Master, and it works just fine for being almost 70 years old, but it sucks the juice. I need something more efficient.

I do pretty good with the basics. Simple recessive, doms, co-doms. I think one thing that hinders my understanding is that there are several terms people use to describe the same things. I used to breed reptiles, snakes in particular, so I had a little understanding before I really started breeding chickens.

Had a guy sell me 18 French Copper Marans and a dozen polish eggs for $20 today. His birds look good, and he wanted to do some egg trading, so I got a really good deal.

Got a line on some high quality Jap eggs, and a guy called me tonight with some Bielefelder eggs.

I'm gonna need a bigger incubator. I love my Dads old Farm Master, and it works just fine for being almost 70 years old, but it sucks the juice. I need something more efficient.

That's another breed I would like to get again is the Japanese. They are not too common here. In fact, I don't think I saw one at the last show I went to. I've got a friend who's looking to sell an older GQF Sportsman. It's in excellent shape. The shipping might be too much to make it worth your while, though.

That's another breed I would like to get again is the Japanese. They are not too common here. In fact, I don't think I saw one at the last show I went to. I've got a friend who's looking to sell an older GQF Sportsman. It's in excellent shape. The shipping might be too much to make it worth your while, though.

Not if you're already making a road trip! :gig

Hello!

We picked up a couple OEGB from the feed store on sort of an impulse because they were so tiny and adorable, and they are still.
smile.png
I think they are a muted crele color, which seems to be an interesting barring layered over wild-type (?). So happy that they both turned out to be pullets (mostly probably)! Still have a few months to laying age, but we are already super impatient.

Back
Top Bottom