Show off your Old English Game Bantams!!

The lovely thing about oegbs is that they don't take up much room.
wink.png

Lol...then I guess there are 5 Creles. Is there different colors in the spangled? I've only seen the ones posted the other day. If spangled start off like the chicks posted earlier (the red) then I'd say those are your Creles.

For some reason the chick to the far left of the ones you think are Creles looks different to me. It may just be me though.
tongue.png

The bottom left one is different. He's a yellowy orange color and really the only thing he had in common with the others when he was all down was the head spot. Then he started feathering in barred so I came to the conclusion he has to be Crele, as there is no other option!

The female Creles and the Spangled generally look the same as chicks, so right now I don't know who is what. I also had four die that had that same "look", so at this point I don't know if they were some of my Spangled, Creles, or something else (BBR or whatever). Maybe none look like Crele females because I don't have any! Wouldn't that be a doozy. Out of the four barred that I posted, two are getting big combs and two don't have comb development yet, so my fingers are crossed that they are part of the 20% anomaly when it comes to the Crele's autosexing accuracy.

As far as variation in Spangled, I have seen some that are a nice chocolate brown and others that are black or near black. I suppose the amount of spangling can vary as well to make some appear more white than others. I don't think there is, for instance, spangled buff or spangled silver or anything like that, but I don't know for sure.

Just hatched Creles. Looks like 2 pullets and a roo, but the last one hasn't dried yet. Pullets do have white spots on their heads. They're colored very similarly to my Bielefelders.

Last edited:

Just hatched Creles. Looks like 2 pullets and a roo, but the last one hasn't dried yet. Pullets do have white spots on their heads. They're colored very similarly to my Bielefelders.

Hmmmm you saying that made me doubt my memory so I just rewatched the Cackle Crele chick video and it's hard to tell but I think you're right (I'm sure it varies a bit by breeding line) so I looked at my pics of all my chipmunk pattern chicks I took yesterday and one is light in the head marking area. Not such a distinct head spot as the males but it does look like the "likely female" chick in the video. So maybe I got a female after all lol Also, the male in the video was sort of orange like my oddball from the pic above.

Last edited:
The bottom left one is different. He's a yellowy orange color and really the only thing he had in common with the others when he was all down was the head spot. Then he started feathering in barred so I came to the conclusion he has to be Crele, as there is no other option!

The female Creles and the Spangled generally look the same as chicks, so right now I don't know who is what. I also had four die that had that same "look", so at this point I don't know if they were some of my Spangled, Creles, or something else (BBR or whatever). Maybe none look like Crele females because I don't have any! Wouldn't that be a doozy. Out of the four barred that I posted, two are getting big combs and two don't have comb development yet, so my fingers are crossed that they are part of the 20% anomaly when it comes to the Crele's autosexing accuracy. 

As far as variation in Spangled, I have seen some that are a nice chocolate brown and others that are black or near black. I suppose the amount of spangling can vary as well to make some appear more white than others. I don't think there is, for instance, spangled buff or spangled silver or anything like that, but I don't know for sure. 

Some of the prettiest birds you'll see are the Blue Red Spangled. I've only raised one Spangled hen, and she was colored like a BBR, except a little darker. I do know that your birds with a smaller amount of spangling will molt out about right, while young birds that are really Spangled will be too white as adults.

Some of the prettiest birds you'll see are the Blue Red Spangled. I've only raised one Spangled hen, and she was colored like a BBR, except a little darker. I do know that your birds with a smaller amount of spangling will molt out about right, while young birds that are really Spangled will be too white as adults.

Sounds pretty! Any pics?

Back
Top Bottom