Show off your Old English Game Bantams!!

Nflchickengirl, wish I could help, but gold duckwing is a possibility!

MissAm, I hope I'm not seeing dark chest feathers coming in on that frontal shot??

Oh no! Not my little sweetheart! Well, this chick is so sweet, if it is a boy he'll probably be my little SDW keeper of the boys! Especially if he stays sweet like my Snuggle Bug (Ameraucana rooster) has.
Hmmm....I need to go and re evaluate! This was the chick with the dramatic eye liner.
:gig. He's just a gawkin away at the camera with that dark chest!
I wonder if I have any girls.. oh my... RATS!

Last edited:

Crele roo sporting a fresh dub. He's so high strung he's hard to get a picture of.

Pretty sure that's a SDW. Could be a fawn SDW, time will tell. Dark (black in SDW) feathers should be light brown in a fawn. Could just be a really light SDW cockerel.

Thank you Jophus! He's completely fawn colored on his chest and down. His lines are very light on his back. Wonder if he's a fluke, I think he's going to be very small too.

I know it sounds dumb, but I have such a hard time telling the difference between silver and golden duckwing chicks and pullets unless they are side by side. With the pullets, since they both have silver necks, is it just a matter of the intensity of the chest color? When I look at pictures of both they seem so similar in other respects.

I know it sounds dumb, but I have such a hard time telling the difference between silver and golden duckwing chicks and pullets unless they are side by side. With the pullets, since they both have silver necks, is it just a matter of the intensity of the chest color? When I look at pictures of both they seem so similar in other respects.

It's not dumb, I think most would admit to having an issue telling the difference.

Golden duckwings are made from crossing a SDW roo over a BBR hen. I've seen lines of GDW where the hens are very similar to BBR, as well as lines where the hens look like dark SDWs.

Those BBR characteristics are what I look for in either line. They never go completely away.

I have a 4 week old splash. It's always been the smallest in my mixed bantam group with little legs and feathered very quickly but I noticed it's comb area has a hint of pink. How long does it take before it's a noticeable pullet or cockerel?

Back
Top Bottom