Show off your Old English Game Bantams!!

4 weeks old, the little girls are growing fast and starting to show some color. I'm guessing bbr on two and maybe spangled on the one hiding behind the silkie.
IMG_1400.JPG IMG_1401.JPG IMG_1463.JPG img_5620_edited.jpg img_5550_edited.jpg

sorry, I'm not good with all the colors, so i can't help.

I'm looking for some help too though.
How would i get red leakage from a decent pair of SDWs? Or is it more likely that this cockerel came from one of my other girls? (blue brassy, or ginger red-ish mix) Its possible, but I thought they were all pure SDW, but this guy is now showing some red. :(
WP_20170816_17_09_24_Pro_LI.jpg

I'm listing some birds for sale and I have a cockerel that I don't know if he is wheaten or BBR and pics aren't helping much. Any tips? I don't want to sell him as the wrong thing. I could just list him as "could be wheaten or BBR" but if there's an easy way to tell that would be helpful.

@WVduckchick I bet he's going to be pretty, especially if he stays nice and silver on the neck and cape, which would be very colorful and a great contrast!

sorry, I'm not good with all the colors, so i can't help.

I'm looking for some help too though.
How would i get red leakage from a decent pair of SDWs? Or is it more likely that this cockerel came from one of my other girls? (blue brassy, or ginger red-ish mix) Its possible, but I thought they were all pure SDW, but this guy is now showing some red. :(
View attachment 1113622

It'll be interesting to see how he feathers out. Probably a wild type cross somewhere down the line.

IMG_1365.JPG
IMG_1366.JPG
Sorry to bug everyone. I'm new to all this and have been going nuts for 3 weeks trying to figure out what my chicks are? They are now about 4 weeks old. The lady I got the from said she only had Cochins and Rhode Island reds. But once I messaged her to see what else she had to see if I could figure it out she blocked me. I love them and don't mind what kind they are just curious. Someone said they are probably old English game bantam and some one else said ee or welsummers eek this is driving me nuts lol

View attachment 1118185 View attachment 1118187 Sorry to bug everyone. I'm new to all this and have been going nuts for 3 weeks trying to figure out what my chicks are? They are now about 4 weeks old. The lady I got the from said she only had Cochins and Rhode Island reds. But once I messaged her to see what else she had to see if I could figure it out she blocked me. I love them and don't mind what kind they are just curious. Someone said they are probably old English game bantam and some one else said ee or welsummers eek this is driving me nuts lol

How old are they? I really can't tell how big they are, since that would help determine if they are a bantam breed or large fowl. They do look like OEGB, but then again there are several breeds that look like that as chicks.

Back
Top Bottom