Show off your Old English Game Bantams!!

Pics
Anyone know of a good Old English game bird breeder in any of the following colors:
Black Breasted red
Blue golden Duckwing
fawn silver duckwing
golden duckwing
millie fleur
silver duckwing
lemon blue

Quote: Well, that's probably your answer. It's most likely an OEGB.
smile.png

What color feet are self blues
supose to have, i have seen some with pink and some with blue this one has black feet

Please help me I purchased two Crele old english game bantam hens that I named Teeny and Tiny at a poultry show. they are about 4 inches tall! they are so sweet and adorable. when we brought them home we tried to introduce them to our 3 other hens in the coop (we have others in another coop) our polish Harriet tries to fight them! they are not even as tall as her legs!!! we know that there is always some fighting or tension but they are so small we are worried that she will hurt them. They other two are silkies and there is no problem with them. please help us come up with an idea on how to introduce them to each other without them getting hurt
here they are

Please help me I purchased two Crele old english game bantam hens that I named Teeny and Tiny at a poultry show. they are about 4 inches tall! they are so sweet and adorable. when we brought them home we tried to introduce them to our 3 other hens in the coop (we have others in another coop) our polish Harriet tries to fight them! they are not even as tall as her legs!!! we know that there is always some fighting or tension but they are so small we are worried that she will hurt them. They other two are silkies and there is no problem with them. please help us come up with an idea on how to introduce them to each other without them getting hurt
here they are
You shouldn't put them together right away. You should quarentine them for a month to make sure they don't have any illnesses. You would be suprised how many diseases can be transferred and picked up at shows. Putting them together without quareintine you risk exposing your flock to potential diseases. At this point it is too late- just future reference. My polish like to test everyone. Try putting them in the cage, like the one in the picture, inside you former flocks pen.let everyone check each other. Kind of like a look, but no touch. They might calm down some. But you aren't going to be able to avoid them establishing a pecking order, which is what your polish is try to do. AS long as their isn't blood, don't interfere

My goodness I am so in love with my OEG Bantam hen! I never expected it but she is just the sweetest thing!

Bought 3 chicks from a local breeder (first time chicken owner here) and he had a couple of tiny bantams in a small cage in the garage. Long story short a week later I called back and asked if I could buy them (cause I felt bad for them). One died an accidental death and he gave me the other.

Yeah she tried to jump out of the cage and attack my large dogs etc.... Feisty! Talks a lot! And when I "force" her to be held and cuddle she closes her little eyes and is so content and adorable. When she goes into the pen with the other chicks I hope she will still want to cuddle occasionally even though she has lots of space. She has already socialized with the 6 week old standards and worked things out. LOL.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom