Show off your Old English Game Bantams!!

Pics
I, I'm looking for opinions concerning breeding a roo back to his daughters. As I have so many youngsters running loose, now, is this going to give me 3-legged, or worse, chicks, over time? What are the issues here?

a lot of breeders do it, it locks in the good traits of the father's line. the drawback is it also locks in the weaknesses in the father's line. for instance if the fathers bloodline has crossed beaks in its past, you will double the chances of crossed beaks.

if you are going to do this, choose the dull colored hens, youll get prettier cockerels.

My little black old English eggy is hatching!!!!! :p :p :p Im so excited. I also have a Dominique/black old English bantam mix.....can't wait to see what it turns out to be, its hatching too. I'll get pics soooon.
celebrate.gif
wee.gif

This is my little oeb that is less than 24 hours old.
love.gif

This is the oeb/Dominique mix chick, this is also less than 24 hours old, they hatched at the same timmme.
wee.gif

I have a question.Is there a name for a pyle version of brown red?Game breeders seem to know more about color than any other breed.Thank you for any info.

Back
Top Bottom