Show off your Old English Game Bantams!!

Pics
Okay since you know allot about Old English Game bantams... I have I think 2... but I could be mistaken! I know for sure that I have one. I got them all at Tractor supply. I also got 4 sebrights. But now that I saw you guys have silver laced OEGB's, Im alittle confused on her breed. She does have the comb of a sebright but looks just like the others... She is golden laced and is the same size as everyone. Maybe a little bit smaller. Does it matter on the comb? Confused chicky right here!
barnie.gif
hu.gif
If she has a Sebright comb then that's your answer. OEGB's should NOT have rose combs. Sebrights resemble OEGB's in body type, but they are very different.
smile.png

looks like a buff orpington x oeg to me

Thank you. I got her from TSC, I think the hatchery they order from had some mix ups in their breeding program because she is my second possible cross breed from TSC. The other pullet is definatly a barred rock mix. I was told she looks like a buff Orpington by some people and an OEGB by others so this mix makes sense.

IDK ABOUT THAT! My splash marans is 9 pounds and he gets on with my silkies pretty good... I don't allow him to but he sometimes manages to do it behind my back...
Silkies weigh more than OEGB's do. The standard weight for an Oegb cock is 24 ounces. Silkies are 36 ounces.

I don't think that's possible. Think about it.... an OEGB and an Orpington? Either the little hen would get killed, or the little rooster would get some serious reprimands. :rolleyes:  

How much does she weigh? 
no I've had salmon favorolle rooster breed my sebright hens all the time and hatched babies oh and she gave no him no flock about it... its possible... I also had a 60 lb pit lock up with a chihuahua and she had 8 pups that turned out 15 lbs and the hen didn't have to be the small one either I just hatch out a whole batch of eggs off a modern game bantam roo over a standard phoenix hen

Last edited:
Silkies weigh more than OEGB's do. The standard weight for an Oegb cock is 24 ounces. Silkies are 36 ounces.

IDK any of my chickens weights but she is 2 weeks younger then my 3 OEGB pullets and was always much smaller then them until recently and she is now bigger then all 3. Not by a whole lot but I suspect she out weighs them because she is not as petite either. I always thought she would be the smallest because she was tiny for so long. She is about 10 weeks old.

Back
Top Bottom