Show off your Old English Game Bantams!!

He's beautiful. Sorry to hear you can't keep him.
thanks
smile.png
I am too, I am not allowed to have any roosters but I am keeping one and out of the two I hatched I am going to have to raise the smaller, more quite serama rooster with a no-crow collar and I if I keep both there is more crowing, fighting, and my ladies would probably be overbred

Last edited:
I
He's beautiful. Sorry to hear you can't keep him.

thanks:)  I am too, I am not allowed to have any roosters but I am keeping one and out of the two I hatched I am going to have to   raise the smaller, more quite serama rooster with a no-crow collar and I if I keep both there is more crowing, fighting, and my ladies would probably be overbred
m getting a no-crow collar in the mail today. It's a gift for my mother who got very attached to one of the chicks who turned out to be male. It it works well, then I have the perfect excuse to get the cochin roo I want!

I like him but I can't say yes for sure
I have brassy backs and bb reds
Does anyone know what I would get If I breed them to the birchen
Silver Birchen...

...bred to brassy back...

will most likely give you a good mix of the two, all the cockerels will be mostly black with silver or gold leakage in the saddle and hackle feathers. The pullets could range in color from solid black to looking like a silver birchen, you might have a bit of a mix up of color.

Silver birchen...

...to bbred

will produce cockerels and pullets like this.

You can get a bit of a variation when you mix colors, so they might not look exactly like these pictures, but some of them should be close.

Silver Birchen...

...bred to brassy back...

will most likely give you a good mix of the two, all the cockerels will be mostly black with silver or gold leakage in the saddle and hackle feathers. The pullets could range in color from solid black to looking like a silver birchen, you might have a bit of a mix up of color.

Silver birchen...

...to bbred

will produce cockerels and pullets like this.

You can get a bit of a variation when you mix colors, so they might not look exactly like these pictures, but some of them should be close.

ah,thankyou I may not get a birchen but if I was to breed brassy back to bb red what would I get.

I have never done it, but I would imagine you would get a wide mixture of the two colors.

Back
Top Bottom