Show off your Old English Game Bantams!!

You want SB's??? Well, why didn't you just say so! :gig

*don't ask why it took 2 days for me to see this...*
Sorry for the black losses... but good educational post, jophus...

You win some, you lose some. The lines of blacks I keep are notorious for being hard to hatch. If I get a chick here, a chick there, I'm happy. Eventually I'll get better at it, figure them out.

I just put together a new kind of hatcher, using a styrofoam ice chest, an Incukit, a hydrostat and a Reptifogger. A simple build, but seems to be very efficient. Temps are dead on. Still need to check my humidity with a calibrated hygrometer. Lockdown on the first bunch is 3 days away.

You win some, you lose some. The lines of blacks I keep are notorious for being hard to hatch. If I get a chick here, a chick there, I'm happy. Eventually I'll get better at it, figure them out.

I just put together a new kind of hatcher, using a styrofoam ice chest, an Incukit, a hydrostat and a Reptifogger. A simple build, but seems to be very efficient. Temps are dead on. Still need to check my humidity with a calibrated hygrometer. Lockdown on the first bunch is 3 days away.

That looks neat! Is there any controller on the humidifier? Or do you just pump some in as needed?

You just set the Hygrostat to the desired humidity level and it automatically stays within range.

That's awesome.

I have the Brinsea Advance with the humidity pump, but I'm wondering if that would work in its place, for people who have the advance, but don't have the pump. I'll look into it further.

That's awesome. 

I have the Brinsea Advance with the humidity pump, but I'm wondering if that would work in its place, for people who have the advance, but don't have the pump.  I'll look into it further.

I bet it would, if you could match up the connection. I don't know what the Brinsea product costs, but you can get a set up like this for $130.

How does your Brinsea hatch?

I bet it would, if you could match up the connection. I don't know what the Brinsea product costs, but you can get a set up like this for $130.

How does your Brinsea hatch?

I found the Repti fogger on amazon for like $45. Without the hygrostat, that's a very nice alternative to Brinsea's pump.

The controls are in the "Advance" units, even if you don't buy the extra $150 pump, so maybe. I sent this to a friend that doesn't have a pump, so we'll see if he comes up with a way to coordinate it.

I love my Brinsea! Hatches great. I have 4 SDW OEGB eggs in it now, along with 14 Golden Sebright and 12 lavender orpingtons. I've hatched in it maybe 5-6 times now and consistently get 80%+

I found the Repti fogger on amazon for like $45.  Without the hygrostat, that's a very nice alternative to Brinsea's pump.

The controls are in the "Advance" units, even if you don't buy the extra $150 pump, so maybe.  I sent this to a friend that doesn't have a pump, so we'll see if he comes up with a way to coordinate it.

I love my Brinsea!  Hatches great.  I have 4 SDW OEGB eggs in it now, along with 14 Golden Sebright and 12 lavender orpingtons.  I've hatched in it maybe 5-6 times now and consistently get 80%+

You can get the Hygrostat for around $55. I paid more than that for my fogger, but I bought it at Petsmart. Getting one for $45 would really make it economical.

I like the Brinsea incubators, but they're a bit pricey. If they work well, they would be worth it.

I think most incubation problems are just figuring out what you're doing, and what works best for you. Everyone does it a little different. It's not a complicated process, even if it seems that way sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom