Show off your Old English Game Bantams!!

68426_chicks_360.jpg

This is Macho Man. He is 7 years old and was one of my first chickens.

7? Whow! Is all I can say. Is he still siring chicks? Freinds fo ours had a 7 yr old Silver duck wing rooster that died recently who had been infertile for at least 2 years.

Macho is a beauty.

Lost my Weimaraner in September. He was 13, and even at that age, was hell on anything furry that wasn't supposed to be around my birds.

This is Rosie. Her mom was a Jack Russell, and her dad was either Mountain Fiest or Blue Heeler. She is currently OJT with my girl Gabby, who is a rescue, looks like a small black wolf, and is without a doubt the best varmint dog I've ever seen.

She's still getting used to the chickens, and didn't much care for one of my bigger hens trying to be her "Mom" today. Gotta start them young.

Last edited:

Lost my Weimaraner in September. He was 13, and even at that age, was hell on anything furry that wasn't supposed to be around my birds.

This is Rosie. Her mom was a Jack Russell, and her dad was either Mountain Fiest or Blue Heeler. She is currently OJT with my girl Gabby, who is a rescue, looks like a small black wolf, and is without a doubt the best varmint dog I've ever seen.

She's still getting used to the chickens, and didn't much care for one of my bigger hens trying to be her "Mom" today. Gotta start them young.

Awww! Adorable. Sorry about your loss. Leaves a big hole in your heart, huh. Hopefully Rosie will help fill it. Good luck training her. :)

Bittersweet day for me. Sold all my Lemon Blue breeders, although I can still make Lemon Blues with a sport rooster and a lemon black hen if I choose. Also planning on getting rid of all my blue brassybacks. Hoping this will allow me to focus on my Creles, Whites and my Blacks, all of which are very close to where I need them to be.

I'm only going to hatch whites and Creles this season, and hopefully lots of them.

I just have too many darn birds to keep up with, given my job and call schedule. Plus, although I'm not "old", I'm definitely no spring chicken.
1f423.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom