Show off your Old English Game Bantams!!

Thank you! I'm actually already pretty hooked - I had one of these guys from a hatchery in my first ever batch of chicks, a little red pyle hen. She was the sweetest little thing, always flying up to my shoulder to ride around.

Needless to say, I am already making plans for two breeding groups, and am thinking about hunting down a porcelain rooster for the porcelain hen :th Yep, I'd say I'm hooked.

OEGB's are the best little guys, so cute and friendly!

Parents not the one of the perch though

So, it looks to me like you have a Birchen roo over SDW hens. That explains the dark legs, and the mixture of chicks you have (although it seems to me they should all be birchens, unless other factors are in play). Also, these chicks are very high stationed, which makes me think there could be some modern game somewhere in their background.

Does the Dad have any white on the lower portion of the wing, or is it solid black? From this angle, with the lacing on the breast, he appears to be birchen.

Last edited:
Thank you. The wings are all black not like a Duckwings. When I brought them I was told to roo was a grey. There does not seem to be much on greys nut have found a few pages that have pics that look just like my one. Some calling them dark grey or grey to black-breasted grey. Is this just another way of saying Birchen. Is it desirable to cross a Duckwing with a Birchen or should I stick to one colour?

He's pretty. I really like Birchens, but have never owned any.

I would find a really "long" hen to bred him to. By long I mean long-backed. Those girls are not very pretty, but like everything else, they have a purpose.

She'll lengthen out the backs in your offspring, improving the posture and wing carriage.

I've got 2 brown red roos that came from a male that was so short-backed he carried his wings greater than 45 degrees and his tail was almost 90 degrees. Should've culled him, but an old friend gave me a hen so long she looked like a snake, lol. I crossed them, and he was absolutely right about her. I'll try and get some pics to show you how they turned out. They're a bit small, but they have really good form.

Here's one of the Brown Red boys and his sister. Sorry, the pics aren't great, but it's windy and they didn't want to be out of the cage.

This is the dad. You can see how short his back is, and how it affected his tail and wing carriage.

Last edited:
Wow. Things are slow here so I'm gonna see who's paying attention.

I have 4 blue brassy's (well, 3 blue brassies and a sport) that were broody hatched, from 2 different pens (2 from each pen).

They were removed because their "dad's" were aggressive, and in one instance, a roo killed a chick.

This pullet is from a blue brassy x blue brassy cross. Anyone have a pullet like this?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom