Show off your Old English Game Bantams!!

Pop Tart has become quite the gent. His colors are vibrant.
IMG_20170921_183606460.jpg
IMG_20170921_185001360.jpg

Do you guys think a 7 month old oe could go broody? My little girl has gone missing and I'm hoping its broody not eaten!

I have two girls, hatched in February, that are raising two olive egger chicks together. They are three weeks old so they went broody someone around 6 months old. Actually, I have another from my March chicks that has a two week old chick she's raising. I think I have broodiness hormones in my water but luckily it isn't affecting me... Or maybe it is because I just hatched a bunch myself lol

Lol. She's doing pretty well with her babies. Started with 6. Lost both boys and a girl but the three little girls left are doing great. For some reason my main flock attacks them. I have tons of broodies and chicks running around tbat never get messed with but she can't go anywhere near the coop. Shes staying on my sun porch with them for now.

My girls are growing up so fast, and they are still unnamed! It’s too hard to tell them apart quickly like I can with the other dozen chicks. :lol: They are some of my tiniest bantams so far, very delicate and dainty birds compared to the Cochins, Japs, EEs and even the Sebrights.
CCB29C7C-835E-49F7-B22B-59B2062F9281.jpeg 82485250-E7AD-4698-889F-6DA9EC7C7384.jpeg 947494CE-E80C-4E7C-9A15-6169E25C05F8.jpeg EA9A8F1F-5C76-4EB2-B635-2C2FDD5845DB.jpeg

I have a broody that was hiding eggs from me. From a quick candling, it looks like I'm going to have 4 more chicks real soon. (she had 8 eggs, but i only left the 4 that were furthest along) :rolleyes:

Almost forgot about my broody, checked on her this morning and saw a dead chick sticking out from under her. It's head was still in the cap of the egg, but the body was dry. No peck marks, nothin. Don't know what happened, but she had another live one under her. Checked the other 2 eggs, looked like they quit a couple days ago. We had a cold snap last night, so that may have contributed. :confused:
But the one that hatched looks female. :)

My girls are growing up so fast, and they are still unnamed! It’s too hard to tell them apart quickly like I can with the other dozen chicks. :lol: They are some of my tiniest bantams so far, very delicate and dainty birds compared to the Cochins, Japs, EEs and even the Sebrights.
View attachment 1159811 View attachment 1159812 View attachment 1159814 View attachment 1159813

:love. Pretty!! Dainty is a good word for them, although I think it is in looks only. Tough little birds! Some of mine are even smaller than some of my seramas.

Almost forgot about my broody, checked on her this morning and saw a dead chick sticking out from under her. It's head was still in the cap of the egg, but the body was dry. No peck marks, nothin. Don't know what happened, but she had another live one under her. Checked the other 2 eggs, looked like they quit a couple days ago. We had a cold snap last night, so that may have contributed. :confused:
But the one that hatched looks female. :)

:love. Pretty!! Dainty is a good word for them, although I think it is in looks only. Tough little birds! Some of mine are even smaller than some of my seramas.
Aww shucks about the bad hatch, hope this lone baby gets spoiled rotten.

My silver duck wings from a few months ago seemed sooooo much bigger than these in hindsight, I can’t believe the difference from one Hatchery to another in their size and temperament. Tough indeed! And feisty as all get out. Though they love to perch on feet and chat with each other. God forbid you try to pick one up, oh how they scream. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom