Show off your Old English Game Bantams!!

Pics
Here are my 3. First one is not a good pic. Cell phone. He was given to me as a gift. Was told he is a mix of Brown Red and Ginger.
idunno.gif

57681_oegb2.jpg

57681_oegb1.jpg

And here is my Fawn Rooster and Silver duckwing hen, gift from same person.
57681_fawn_duckwing_roo_and_silver_duckwing_hen3.jpg

These guys are all still young. Hen hasn't laid yet. She is so sweet and tame though.

Quote:
How old is that first rooster? Do you have any idea? I'm trying to figure out how long until my little cockerels get that big. The little white spot on his chest is cute!

I'm not completely sure how old. I just know he is under a year. He is older than the duckwing pair, and they have just now started breeding, but no eggs yet.
Quote:
How old is that first rooster? Do you have any idea? I'm trying to figure out how long until my little cockerels get that big. The little white spot on his chest is cute!

They lay at different times.Sometimes the hatch date can have something to do with it.I have pullets that are 8-10 mos that haven't laid yet,some that have laid a single egg and no more,and some that are laying now and are only a few months old.A lot of times I've seen the males have a lot to do with it. If a hen isn't 'willing' or submissive they seem to take longer. I have 2 Silver laced Old English pullets that are 9 mos old.They were wild as hell.Always had to use a net to catch them(even in cage).A rooster try to breed and they went crazy.Never got an egg from them.Finally I put them in with a rooster I knew would dominate and wouldn't take no for an answer.I wanted to try a blue laced project bird and it came out perfectly that I didn't have a silver laced rooster and no blue hens,so they went in with big daddy who is my older blue .Well I have just started picking eggs from this cage and I now have one pullet who is 'broke in' and will jump on my arm,while the other is still fairly wild. I figure once the nice weather really kicks in and Blue gets going the other will kick in too.BTW.... I have 2 or 3 "Blue Laced" project eggs in the bator and they are forming well!! So hopefully I'll get something out of em!!!
On a side note,I have a couple of seramas that haven't laid eggs and are well over a year.One thing to watch for though is an egg eater!! If someone in there is an eater,you may not even know when they lay,unless you happen to see it quickly.

Okay, I haven't gotten a new pic of my little roo, but he seems to to have some decent spur bumps going on. SO I guess around 8mo. He picked a fight with a full size partridge rock roo the other day and now is missing the first two spikes on his comb. I'm gonna go ahead and have him dubbed so I won't have to deal with that much blood again.
th.gif
They really do have little man syndrome. Good news though, my duckwing pair laid their first egg on Valentine's Day.
woot.gif
She really is in the breeding mode. If you even brush against her she will squat. He on the other hand is still trying to get the hang of it
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom