Show off your Peas!

Everyone has beautiful peas. And they all look so happy where they are. We are all so lucky to have these birds. Just imagine some people will never have the opportunity to see a pea in person. And all we have to do is walk outside and in some cases walk to the next room (Kathy). Lol

I always find myself saying "I bet I'm the only one here who owns peas." Or last weekend I was at the zoo with my family and snapped this photo, and was just thinking to myself how incredible it is that I have these guys in my backyard. They're all a year old this year (except Owen, who is 7) so they're not as glorious as this handsome guy, but I sure can't wait for them to grow their trains and start yelling. :) We are lucky.

I love the faces they sometimes make! It is so fun to sit and watch them. Since I have to drive 2 miles over to where mine are right now I try to sit and take in a lot of their behavior. And, of course, the camera is in my hand so I can get some photos.

I was noticing the other day that Velocity looks to have scaly leg. I am dreading having to catch him up and put ivermectin on him. In noticing that though, I saw he has has a leg band. Probably NPIP'd from the farm he came from. I was told he was from someone named "Willie" in NC. I will record the number when I catch him up and see if I can track down the info.

Pretty pretty peas
wee.gif
Thanks for sharing everyone
love.gif

Pretty yard ms molly you gave me an idea for the hill we are building for our new place, i needed to have a few retaining walls as we are tying into existing hills and have some drop offs that need walls to prevent erosion.

I love the faces they sometimes make! It is so fun to sit and watch them. Since I have to drive 2 miles over to where mine are right now I try to sit and take in a lot of their behavior. And, of course, the camera is in my hand so I can get some photos.

I was noticing the other day that Velocity looks to have scaly leg. I am dreading having to catch him up and put ivermectin on him. In noticing that though, I saw he has has a leg band. Probably NPIP'd from the farm he came from. I was told he was from someone named "Willie" in NC. I will record the number when I catch him up and see if I can track down the info.
Is he a spalding? i have one and his neck is colored like this, it has never been like a normal blue just a greenish blue i was gonna sell him but i just love his color.

No, he is a yearling IB split to Bronze. The photo is of Bridges. I think he makes the goofiest faces when I am in his pen. He is more skittish than others and the girl I put in with him is the same way.

I have been taking lots of pictures of my peafowl and other birds but just have not gotten around to posting them. I decided to share a few, out of a bunch! Here they are:

IB BS Peacock

IB BS Peacock

White Peacock who free ranges

One year old White Peacock that was sold today :(

IB BS Peacock

My new Opal WE peacock with the others.

BS Spalding Peahen

BS Spalding Peahen

Opal WE Peacock

Opal WE Peacock

Opal WE Peacock Train feathers

Cute little peachicks that free range with their mom.

Since they were a few days old they have always been flying on her back, and now that they are bigger and can't all fit under her at night on the perch, on sleeps on her back.

Spalding Peacock surprised he by growing a train. Would that be his three year old train for next year? He is two and had a two year old train with one eye feather....

Same as above with the peacock that was sold today. I love his train!

Opal Spalding peahen to be bred to Opal WE peacock

IB BS peacock

Back
Top Bottom