Show off your Peas!

How many would you like? This is only the first clump I've dug up, they will be trimmed down like the ones in the second picture. These things are awesome, they do well in full sun, full shade and anything in between, they can tolerate wet or dry conditions and if you accidentally cut them with the shovel they usually survive and do fine, really hard to kill them. And as I said in 5 years 6 will become 30-40. They are big bulbs and they have some weight to them, so if you wanted a bunch the flat rate boxes would probably be the most cost effective, if you only want a couple any box would be fine. Would $1 each be okay?
Just a couple would be great. A dollar each sounds great. Just let me know how you want to handle the money part you can pm me. Thank you

That's too funny and coincidental! Did you find the Naked ladies aka Lycoris Squamigera, aka resurrection lily, surprise lily, magic lily, etc.... just asking because right now I am digging up and separating tons of them. They reproduce like crazy, 5 years ago I dug them and replanted 6 bulbs to a bunch and now those 6 have become 40. I sell my excess on ebay and replant 6 in each clump and I have about 20 clumps all over my yard.

If I'd known I would have shipped eggs and bulbs!
big_smile.png
I want some
big_smile.png
Pleazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
love.gif

That's too funny and coincidental! Did you find the Naked ladies aka Lycoris Squamigera, aka resurrection lily, surprise lily, magic lily, etc.... just asking because right now I am digging up and separating tons of them. They reproduce like crazy, 5 years ago I dug them and replanted 6 bulbs to a bunch and now those 6 have become 40. I sell my excess on ebay and replant 6 in each clump and I have about 20 clumps all over my yard.

If I'd known I would have shipped eggs and bulbs!
big_smile.png

If anyone else wants some of these bulbs let me know, I'll sell them for $1 each, which is a lot cheaper than you'll find them elsewhere, and once you tell me how many you want, I can weigh them and get a shipping cost for you.
smile.png

How many Zaz?
I will take 20 if you have enough or what ever is left after folks there gets some also, i just purchased a pink and white a week ago and have a darker pink, i want to plant them around the new building and give my daughter some, she likes flowers and has green fingers and a thumb
wink.png

I will take 20 if you have enough or what ever is left after folks there gets some also, i just purchased a pink and white a week ago and have a darker pink, i want to plant them around the new building and give my daughter some, she likes flowers and has green fingers and a thumb
wink.png

20 is fine, they weigh 6 lbs in the box. Standard shipping is $14 and priority is $16, let me know which you would prefer. You can pm me and we'll work out payment details and shipping address. And you don't need green thumbs for these they grow themselves!
thumbsup.gif

20 is fine, they weigh 6 lbs in the box.  Standard shipping is $14 and priority is $16, let me know which you would prefer. You can pm me and we'll work out payment details and shipping address. And you don't need green thumbs for these they grow themselves! :thumbsup

Love these. I have a bunch in the pasture and the horses never touch them. They give the pasture a pretty flair once a year.

Oh gosh, those are so nice I might want some...I will think about it. I really need plants like that here. I love anything that grows easily and fills in an area. Here we have red amaryllis and they are pretty but they hardly seem to spread. I was able to get an elephant ear to grow inside the peafowl aviary. They pecked a bit on the first 2 leaves and now are leaving it alone. I planted it under a roost so that it gets lots of fertilizer. If those flowers are so hardy maybe they could be an aviary plant.

I love those photos of the peacocks sparring Zaz! Maybe that is why my three year old boy Frosty would let the two year old peacock Smarty chase after him and give him grief without fighting back? It was against some "peacock bro code" to fight a young peacock so Frosty didn't do it. It is obvious now that Frosty CAN fight. He even fights Alto.

Here is a photo of Frosty that I took a week or so ago. I pulled up to feed them and there he was displaying. It wasn't long before he lowered his train because I showed up.
hmm.png
He really doesn't want to display in front of me. Now I know what it is like to have a peacock like that, as I remember some people complaining in the past that they had a peacock who would do that. It makes no since because Frosty is very friendly yet too shy to display around me?!

Here is the egg doin' its thing.

If anyone else wants some of these bulbs let me know, I'll sell them for $1 each, which is a lot cheaper than you'll find them elsewhere, and once you tell me how many you want, I can weigh them and get a shipping cost for you.   :)

My mom has the red ones and wants some of the pink ones. I'll take about 20 of them. She is 91 yes old and doing fine and loves to garden. I'll PM my address, and send me yours so I can send you a check.

Is that him in your avatar? very pretty.
I love that pic.
love.gif

I only have one male and I am trying to relocate him because he mysteriously appeared in my neighborhood almost 3 years ago and I am afraid for his safety. I am not sure how to relocate him since that could be dangerous to him as well from what I have heard from a chicken expert. This is why I joined this page. I really love him and want what is best for him. Am hoping to find someone with a large property who may want to adopt him and get him a pea hen or two. :)
I don't know where you are located but you could look around your area for a breeder that has nice sized pens and takes care of their birds and ask them. Or maybe a petting zoo or zoo. Or you could get him a hen and keep him yourself.

Back
Top Bottom