Show off your Peas!

with due respect i have few questions i m looking for the answer Q1- when peahen lays the eggs after mating with peacock ( time taken after mating) ? Q2- i have 2yrs old peacock since two month i notice he shakes his head when he jump up to sit on the wooden branch. whether this is due to the feathers or mites or etc . today i notice he shakes his head lil more then before but beside that he eat properly i mixed some vitamins in the water to boost up his immune system , looking forward for the positive response ( will upload the video )
regards :
hazel

with due respect i have few questions i m looking for the answer Q1- when peahen lays the eggs after mating with peacock ( time taken after mating) ? Q2- i have 2yrs old peacock since two month i notice he shakes his head when he jump up to sit on the wooden branch. whether this is due to the feathers or mites or etc . today i notice he shakes his head lil more then before but beside that he eat properly i mixed some vitamins in the water to boost up his immune system , looking forward for the positive response ( will upload the video )
regards :
hazel

I have several males who perform a strange head shaking behavior during the breeding season. Not all of my males do, but some will, when I first saw it I thought it was mites also, but I now think it is just another mating ritual behavior. I have read of similar behaviors in male pheasants.

Spaulding Black Shoulder, yearling pair. 75%

Spaulding Black Shoulder hen
She is so awesome, I can't wait to see her after next molt!

Spaulding Purple Black Shoulder pair, two-year old 75%

Spaulding Purple Black Shoulder hen

Peach Silver Pied trio, yearlings

Spaulding Black Shoulder, yearling pair. 75%

Spaulding Black Shoulder hen
She is so awesome, I can't wait to see her after next molt!

Spaulding Purple Black Shoulder pair, two-year old 75%

Spaulding Purple Black Shoulder hen

Peach Silver Pied trio, yearlings

Congrats, amazing birds! I really like the purple and peach birds.

75% spalding are very rare ( 75% green blood ! ) !
Here is an 75% ( or little more ) green blood Cameo from B A B Ranch :

See the quality of neck feathers!

Here a Spalding Black shoulder ... neck to 50% from the same farm :

Back
Top Bottom