Show off your Peas!

Heres my India blue boy chilling with my wyandottes. He was raised with them and I'm am sure he is convinced he is a Wyandotte.

Our guineas like to tease him while he displays. One guinea will stand in front of him and dance while another will go behind him and pull his tail. Silly birds. It's a riot watching them good around.

Our more recent addition a pied bald India blue. He will be free roaming soon.

Chilling on the Wyandotte fence

Pied boy

Last edited:
They are all so beautiful! Here are my peas Victoria and Albert. I still have so much to learn but am loving the experience!

Albert came to us in July, I was told he was about 2 years old. He has grown so much in the past 6 months! We plan to expand the pen in the spring.

It took 2 months to find Victoria, and another couple of weeks to convince her owner he should sell her to me! It was love at first sight....

I wish I had room for more!!

Last edited:

Okay, okay, enough of Zazous but he is the only one that will display for me right now.

You can see why Velocity and Tempo want to see me and all they really care about!

Majesty and Stars are older and I expected eggs from them but they live more outside than Zazous and Dilly.

Majesty's train. Lovely white eyes.

Their outside pens are not too bad. They are not covered on each end of a 40 ft pen and only covered in the middle. They are actually 4 pens but we opened them up for the pairs to have 16x40 ft each to themselves until we start tearing down more.

I love those pens, would you be able to start a new thread to showcase it? If not I understand, I just don't want to take over this thread with pen pictures. :) I'd love to see more.

Beautiful photos you all have posted ..thanks for the photo fix
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
droolin.gif
wee.gif
love.gif
wee.gif

Thank you. I tried planting plants and small trees in there with them but they ate them up within an hour's time.
hmm.png
Any suggestions?
idunno.gif
Clumping bamboo. Just make sure it is the clumping kind. I don't know if they will eat up fatsias but I have three of those in the pen and they peck at them sometimes, but the leaves are so thick they don't really eat them and the plants don't look all torn up. Also if you can find plants that are really tall then they can't eat them all up. I have one plant that they would eat up if it wasn't for it being so tall. From them pecking at the lower leaves the plant is litterally a stick with a circle of leaves on the top. It looks like one of those fancy plants you see in someone's front yard all nicely shaped, but it was all done by my birds. When I get a new plant I leave it in the pen with them for a few days. If they haven't started to shred it by then I will plant it. If it doesn't work in the pen I put it on the outside of their pen.
smile.png

Heres my India blue boy chilling with my wyandottes. He was raised with them and I'm am sure he is convinced he is a Wyandotte. Our guineas like to tease him while he displays. One guinea will stand in front of him and dance while another will go behind him and pull his tail. Silly birds. It's a riot watching them good around. Our more recent addition a pied bald India blue. He will be free roaming soon. Chilling on the Wyandotte fence Pied boy
Beautiful pics! :love

Back
Top Bottom