Show off your Peas!

It was yesterday when you hatched this bronze male and we were waiting to know f he is a male or hen, now he is coming 2 and the opal coming 3.
It does seem like yesterday. This past summer was a blur, too much chemo and other treatment to do much of anything, so it just seems like it never happened. I am still remembering the summer before..... when the Bronze BS hatched. Hoping this year will be better!

It does seem like yesterday. This past summer was a blur, too much chemo and other treatment to do much of anything, so it just seems like it never happened. I am still remembering the summer before..... when the Bronze BS hatched. Hoping this year will be better!

I'm sure you were tired a lot. My mom is always gets tired after chemo treatment.

Birdrain, I didn't know your Mom was having chemo. I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers. There is just way too much cancer out there these days. 

Thank you. She was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease known as Devic's disease back in 2013. Luckily we caught in early enough that she only has small blind spot in her vision with right eye. Because there were some people who finished their 5 year treatment they took them off of it and then those people died within a few months. So she has to remain on chemo to keep her stable and to prevent things from getting worse. Until there is a cure for it my mom will remain on chemo. She had a stroke the same year she was diagnosed. Luckily she recovered within a couple weeks.

Thank you. She was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease known as Devic's disease back in 2013. Luckily we caught in early enough that she only has small blind spot in her vision with right eye. Because there were some people who finished their 5 year treatment they took them off of it and then those people died within a few months. So she has to remain on chemo to keep her stable and to prevent things from getting worse. Until there is a cure for it my mom will remain on chemo. She had a stroke the same year she was diagnosed. Luckily she recovered within a couple weeks.
Praying they find a cure soon.

Heres an observation I made after looking at the close ups of your pieds. Did all these birds come from the same place and if so, do you know if they had any greens/spauldings on hand? The reason I ask is that in a couple of your pics they look to have a little green in them due to the "tear" shape in the crest and their cheeks by the ears look to be yellow. Healthy greens will start to show the yellow at around that age and it usually starts at the ear vent and grows forward with age. Im probably wrong, hard to tell from pics but time will tell please keep us posted.

Gerald Barker

Good lord, took me forever to get around to replying to this post. Anyways, 5/6 pictured we hatched ourselves and the sixth is the momma hen (large white in the back). We acquired the pair a year and half back, as 3 and 5 year olds. I have no idea who the original breeder was though. The dad (the one who got eaten by the neighbor dog recently) I'm 99% sure was a pure India Blue, but the babies make me wonder if maybe momma has some hidden Spalding in her? She doesn't show the long legs or tight crest or yellow but one of the white babies has a really tight, upright crest and yeah I think another one is getting slightly yellow ears.

@birdrain92 That white in the back I know is female, she's the momma of the rest. ;)

Back
Top Bottom