Show off your Peas!

Raven,
The "Silver Pied White-eyed" ones are Pied White-eyed. Peas cannot be "split to" white eyed, if they have one copy, they will show it. The first male listed as "silver pied white-eyed" does not have enough white to be silver pied. Same with the hen. That's why I think they are Pied White-eyed. They may have Silver Pied parents, which is probably why they are labeled as such.

Not to mention, saying "silver pied white-eyed" is redundant. A Silver Pied bird has one copy of Pied, one copy of White, and one copy of White-eye, so there's no reason to say they have white-eye because it's already a given.

Here's the link to Legg's photo gallery.

Raven,
The "Silver Pied White-eyed" ones are Pied White-eyed. Peas cannot be "split to" white eyed, if they have one copy, they will show it. The first male listed as "silver pied white-eyed" does not have enough white to be silver pied. Same with the hen. That's why I think they are Pied White-eyed. They may have Silver Pied parents, which is probably why they are labeled as such.

Not to mention, saying "silver pied white-eyed" is redundant. A Silver Pied bird has one copy of Pied, one copy of White, and one copy of White-eye, so there's no reason to say they have white-eye because it's already a given.

Here's the link to Legg's photo gallery.
You are right to a great extent, silver pied carrys one white, one pied and two copies of w/e. if it carrys one copy it will be pied white eyed.

Pretty girl,
Do you still have the indian blue in the background of the second photo?
You can get white, indian blue, indian blue split white ( means they have some white flight feathers and without knowiung the background of the parents it is hard to tell what else you may get.
He's the boy I asked you about! He's Black Shoulder spalding with a bit of Java Green blood!

Peas enjoying a bit of late afternoon California sunshine.
Strolling in the grass...

Mom and Squeaky...

Mom and Twig...

Here's Twig, he's 9 months old now...

Squeaky is two this year and popular with the fellas...

Especially with Peggy, who has quite a crush on her.

*Casportpony, P-Dawg is a cutie! I can see why you want his company while you dine and view!
**I wish Zaz was here to take pictures. I have a new camera and can't figure out what I'm doing, sorry.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom