Show off your Peas!

Thanks casportpony. You can see another shot of the pen in the ducks section under my exotic ducks. I just posted it. Its hard to get a whole pic of the pen cause its shaped like a "T" I have our beach sand in there so it looks like snow lol! They ate all the plants and grass

Last edited:
Oh it is soo good to see photos of Goldilocks all settled in your aviary! She has never been around ducks before so I am sure it is very interesting for her. I love that little bush you have near those duck boxes.

Is she acting spooky at all around you or is she already getting used to you? Hopefully she will be eating out of your hand eventually. Her brother and sister don't seem to notice that she is gone. My other white peahen that is not related has filled in Goldilocks position. It is really funny how all of my white peafowl have formed their own group.

I wish I had pea people near me!
sad.png

The plant is a big old boxwood. The only plant my birds never cared about BTW. I first tried putting her in with the younger boy but he was kinda mean to her. (Wanting to breed with her but too aggressive for my liking) The big one doesnt seem to pay her no mind. She is not spooked . Was she already eating out of your hand? I put in a new layer of beach sand after all that rain . Thats why the pen looks even nicer. I try to do that once a year.

If it turnes out to be a cameo that means the father is split cameo, so you may get many more in the future and all the cameos will be female and the boys will look india blue but split cameo.. i may have this wrong but someone will correct me if i am wrong. This is my cameo hen at 9 months This is her baby picture
No I am not trying to mess with you it is probably my monitor but it looks like there is a purplish cast to your birds neck in the picture from the top of her. My bird does have a very definite purple/blue color on the back of the neck but it will more than likely be Monday before I can get a picture up My Peas have always been Pied or White so this is all new ad exciting for me. Thank you for the help.

Last edited:
The plant is a  big old boxwood.  The only plant my birds never cared about BTW. I first tried putting her in with the younger boy but he was kinda mean to her. (Wanting to breed with her but too aggressive for my liking) The big one doesnt seem to pay her no mind. She is not spooked . Was she already eating out of your hand?  I put in a new layer of beach sand after all that rain . Thats why the pen looks even nicer. I try to do that once a year.

Yes she was already eating out of my hand when I had her. She likes to jump for food. Before I would crouch down to feed her she would jump up and snatch the bread out of my hand. I was wondering which green peacock you would put her with. I think that sometimes those young peacocks can be a bit wild around the peahens compared to the adult males. Sometimes Peep will display for a peahen then jump up and kick her. The adult peacocks seem to be nicer although some people say green peacocks can be rough on their peahens.

If you are seeing purple then she is a  purple pied because Cameos have no iridescent at all just shades of brown and taupe as shown in the photo.

So does that mean its a she still? What would that make Mom and Dad? Would Dad be a Purple Pied White Eye? I am so confused about all the splits and such.

it is a purple pied hen possibly white eyed. The father is definitely a purple and also one parent carrys a white gene and the other a pied gene,to make the hen pied and one of the parents is also white eyed.

Back
Top Bottom