Show off your Peas!

Plz give me information about these chicks some one told ne that they are green jawa chicks

Birdrain92,

If you have a wildlife rehab place near enough to you, it might be a good place to start. Its common for rehab places to have a raptor or two with permanent injuries that keep them from being released back into the wild. Some of the rehab places will have a licensed handler that works with them and if you work with them for a bit as a volunteer, they can end up being an excellent sponsor.

Sounds like your hands are pretty full...but if your interested, it could be worth checking.
smile.png

Last edited:
Hey y'all! Got babies growing up!

I am excited about finally getting a purple girl! She's in front.
The one behind her is a pied from my silver pied over a pied hen, Zazous and Dilly.
The silver pied behind him is amazingly out of my Bronze, Hershey and an Opal white eye hen, as is the one looking at the camera.
Cool, huh?

The silver pied above that is from the Bronze peacock and Opal white eye hen.

The only offspring from my Velocity and Tempo. Tempo died about a month ago due to an injury. I am glad I got one from them.

Thanks. It seems I lose one every year to something odd. Last year my Bronze hen, Godiva got her head stuck between some boards and died. The year before a hen was killed by a new mate. This year Tempo slipped on the roost and injured herself badly. I am starting to think I need to keep 2 of everything so when I lose something I have a back up.
he.gif

But it bothers me to lose anything at all!
hit.gif

The peafowl/ bird farm was awesome! She said I need to come back in the Spring when her males have their trains! They were still beautiful though. She had Ostriches too but they were on another property so I couldn't get photos of them. If there are any questions on her birds just ask and I will try to answer them from the info she shared to me. These are just a few of the photos I took. I took 91 photos of her farm.
1st Greenhouse pen.

Her breeding pens.

Her breeding White hens. The White cock is behind the wall.

Her Java Green hen. She said she started with 19 and then sold down to 2 pairs. She had a friend of hers that has raised them for 30 years say they are Greens is what she said. What do you guys think? I'm no expert but they look like Greens to me. If I get Greens I'll probably get some from her since they are so cheap for Greens.

Java Green cock on the right and Java Green hen on left.

2nd Greenhouse.

Emus! They were friendly and soft too! The sound they make sounded like a marching bass drum or like Toothless from How to Train Your Dragon. She has 14 pairs of Emus.

I love the silver pied in pics 21 &22. Sometime when you are really bored would you post more pics? I love them

Back
Top Bottom