Show off your Peas!

Polka Dot is not an approved or recognized pattern but with a little luck, it may prove to become a set pattern. So far it is just a few birds showing some promise in my breeding program, maybe it will pan out or it may flop, we will see in a couple years. The Red Buff is another rogue pattern that takes a lot of selective breeding to establish a good breeding flock.
I think it's really cool! Hope it pans out for you.:fl

20190923_143755-1.jpg

Momma, daughter, son. To distinguish hen chicks from cock chicks look at the breast feathers. Hens have a scallop where cocks have a verticle line in the middle of their feathers. Also notice the wings of the hen chick is losing the barring and looks plain compared to the cock. The cock is also developing orange flight feathers.
IMG_8830.JPG

So it looks like I have three peacocks? No idea what the white one is, though he/she is the same size as the female. So would the smaller size indicate a female?
View attachment 1931725
View attachment 1931726

Sorry, you don't have a White chick, that is an IB Black Shoulder hen. In the first pic you have two hens and a cock, in the second pic you have momma with two cocks and a hen.

Back
Top Bottom