Show off your Red sex-links!! [[pictures included]] !! (:

Pics
ye
This is Drumstick and between 3-7 days old :) isnt it crazy how fast they grow ?!
yes they do grow fast this is my first time raising chickens in my life and im having a blast with it 12 weeks ago i started out with 3 australorps 1 black sex link and 4 leghorns all 3 day old babies when i got them and now they are growing beautifuly then i got 6 more babies i picked up a week old now not quite 4 weeks ive been blessed with no pastey butts and so far no infections i hope these little miracles will keep on growin cant wait to get my first egg in 8 more weeks

ye
yes they do grow fast this is my first time raising chickens in my life and im having a blast with it 12 weeks ago i started out with 3 australorps 1 black sex link and 4 leghorns all 3 day old babies when i got them and now they are growing beautifuly then i got 6 more babies i picked up a week old now not quite 4 weeks ive been blessed with no pastey butts and so far no infections i hope these little miracles will keep on growin cant wait to get my first egg in 8 more weeks

this is our first time too. we have 3 red stars, 2 SS's 2 Leghorns and one who we think might be a leghorn. all are almost 3 weeks except for one in almost 2 weeks. We lost one of our red stars Easter morning. had 2 cases of pasty butt. But i have added AVC and electrolyte/vitamin mix in with their water and everyone has being doing fantastic! I'm not sure when they start laying? 20 weeks? I dont expect my first egg to be until late Aug- Sept.

this is our first time too. we have 3 red stars, 2 SS's 2 Leghorns and one who we think might be a leghorn. all are almost 3 weeks except for one in almost 2 weeks. We lost one of our red stars Easter morning. had 2 cases of pasty butt. But i have added AVC and electrolyte/vitamin mix in with their water and everyone has being doing fantastic! I'm not sure when they start laying? 20 weeks? I dont expect my first egg to be until late Aug- Sept.
yea i hear 20 weeks sorry for ur lost on easter im sure i will encouter problems along the way but for now im enjoyin it i have gotten so attached to these babies i cant beleive and watchin them grow and get their own personality it awsum i work offshore and each time im home they look totaly different

The leghorns can start laying as soon as 16 weeks. Just watch for that comb to real red. It probably won't be as big as will eventually get once they start laying, but by a year they will have a nice long comb..unless you have a rose comb girl of course. :)

How big are your red sex link eggs. I got some and they were as big as some of my turkey eggs. Only 6 would fit (sometimes 5) per row in the bator instead of the normal 7

Could i have pictures of red sex link eggs compared to normal eggs?
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom