Show off your Red sex-links!! [[pictures included]] !! (:

Pics
I have some about 8 weeks old. The look like the one on the right in the top picture. They seem to have more white to the rear.

Lorelai and Sunshine

The girls all about 17wks, Lucy in the back checking out the nipple waterer

Cheep

Lorelai, Sunshine, and Cheep

I like the fluffy butts :)

I keep hoping to see pre-egg laying behavior, but nothing yet. I was thrilled when they moved from the run into the coop all by themselves at exactly 8pm three nights in a row! And they all happily roost at night on the fat side of a 1"x2" about 2ft off the coop floor.

We just got four 18 week RSLs. Just about ready for some pullet eggs. So excited, especially after we lost our 14 week old White leghorns raised from chicks to foxes :-( Here is a picture of our RSL, Athena. We named them all after goddesses!

We just got four 18 week RSLs. Just about ready for some pullet eggs. So excited, especially after we lost our 14 week old White leghorns raised from chicks to foxes :-( Here is a picture of our RSL, Athena. We named them all after goddesses!

Sorry to hear about your leghorns.......were did you get your rsl....I love getting started pullets, sooooo much easier, only we dont have all the fancy choices which for me is ok. since all the eggs are the same to me lol

Sorry to hear about your leghorns.......were did you get your rsl....I love getting started pullets, sooooo much easier, only we dont have all the fancy choices which for me is ok. since all the eggs are the same to me lol

We got the RSLs from a farmer in Saugerties, NY. I found his listing on Craigslist. We actually tried to contact three different farmers (others selling Buff Orpington and Easter Egger pullets). It was just luck of the draw that the farmer with the RLSs got back to us. Neither of the other two returned my calls. We had to drive a little over an hour to get them, but it was so worth it! They seem to be mellow and easily handled to far. Plus, we were delighted to find our first egg yesterday! Even though we were disappointed to not get eggs from the leghorns we raised and lost, it was still really exciting to see that first egg!

Congratulations, you def made a better choice buff and ee dont lay nearly as much as RSL , youll get 4 eggs a day steadily soon!! I have 12 and get 12 eggs a day and 11 eggs a day maybe 3 times a month lol!! no joke!! I had to call about 4 ppl before I found were to get mine also, It was nuts I was like "were are all the chickens" lol

Back
Top Bottom