Show off your Red sex-links!! [[pictures included]] !! (:

Pics
I like to breed my own birds for my RSL's

These are the Andrew sisters. The RIW is Patty, the RIR is LaVerne and the RSL is Maxene. The RIR and RSL were runts when they hatched and the other birds would pick on them so now they have their own space and roam the yard but always want to be around us.

Nice photos..I am jealous, someone is getting to garden..that's Florida for you. I lived in Florida as a child. Loved going to the beach often, we lived in Fernandina Beach.
You have some pretty girls that follow you around. Mine follow me every where too..I have to be careful not to step on toes!

Have to ask, because you can't always tell by photos..is your RIW a larger bird than your RIR? I had one, kept her for a while, but she was huge. I didn't even keep her until she started laying. I am getting eggs from a guy as a trade for her..last year..just now getting eggs. Anyway, does she lay as well as the RIR? In this photo, she doesn't look as big as mine. Maybe it was a roo..the guy that took her/him, didn't mind either way. He has some RIW's and wanted to breed.

They don't mind being handled. The RIW sprang a leg and was in a pen with others. She couldn't walk so I put her in a cage up next to my runt RIR and RSL. She is average size the others are runts that is why they are smaller. I tried to put them in pens with others but they were getting picked on so now the 3 girls have a cage of their own.

These girls were sold to me as "brown" sexlinks. I have never heard of a brown sexlink. Can yall help me identify what kind of girls I have?

Thanks,
Mike (new guy)

These girls were sold to me as "brown" sexlinks. I have never heard of a brown sexlink. Can yall help me identify what kind of girls I have?

Thanks,
Mike (new guy)

Brown sex-links would be an ISA Brown, a RIR x RIW cross. Lays 300 or so eggs a year.

IMHO, though, yours look like RIR or perhaps a Cherry Egger as they're too dark to be ISA's.

Last edited:

Thanks,
Mike (new guy)
Boy that one on the left sure looks like it could be a pure RIR. Even the one on the right. Did you buy them as browns..I haven't heard of the browns either. And..looks like you are new here on BYC....

Thanks,
Mike (new guy)

The one on the left is a Rhode Island Red and the one on the right could be a cross or a Production Red.

Back
Top Bottom