Show off your Red sex-links!! [[pictures included]] !! (:

I have 4 month olds from my girls and my BO rooster as well as my white leghorn. Both roosters have since gone off to freezer camp. I'll post pics when I get on my laptop later.

Yea I know they are hybrids but just wanted to see what outcomes others have had.

I have done a lot of experimental breeding with RSL. I have played with several generations. The white gene seemed to be the predominant gene.

There are some 3rd generation RSL offspring in this picture with other chicks (RSL, RIR, RC-RIW).

These are all RSL offspring. The chicks with the female coloring are actually males. You can see how the white gene seems to be the dominant gene.

Quote:
frow.gif
can't wait for mine to get old enough! How old were yours when they began laying?
ya.gif
I also have two black sex link...same age so I'm hoping they will start around the same time..

I have heard that RSL's start laying after about 16 weeks vs. about 5 months for other chickens. The place that I got my RSL's said that they were 16 weeks old when really they were about 3 months old. However when they do start laying, they lay like crazy!

Here are my babies.

Paprika

Ruby and Rosie, with my BO girl Boo Boo and Diego.

Not so patiently waiting. With Diego and my BO rooster, Prince Eric.

Prince Eric showing off.

When their babies were wee.

Butter Bean

Back
Top Bottom