Show off your roosters

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperChicken

Still learning breeds, but when we got him at the State Fair he had a matching hen with him. I believe they are Bantam Cochins, if I'm saying that correctly. He currently has a No-Crow collar since we're urban chicken owners.

I think that you are correct, but to be sure could we have a side profile with his whole body?

Still learning breeds, but when we got him at the State Fair he had a matching hen with him. I believe they are Bantam Cochins, if I'm saying that correctly. He currently has a No-Crow collar since we're urban chicken owners.

He sure is pretty! I would also say gold laced cochin.

Quick question on your collar... I have one on my banty rooster, he sometimes has trouble eating with it on. Do you have the same issue?

I think that you are correct, but to be sure could we have a side profile with his whole body?
I'll have to get one later since I'm at work. I haven't gotten any good shots of him (and his name is "Roo").

He sure is pretty! I would also say gold laced cochin.

Quick question on your collar... I have one on my banty rooster, he sometimes has trouble eating with it on. Do you have the same issue?

Thanks
smile.png
We've had the collar on him for about a week and a half now and he seems to be doing fine. It actually doesn't bother him much anymore like it did the first day (he would just try and pick at it). And it definitely helps to muffle his crows (their run/coop is right outside our master bedroom windows).

These aren't the best pictures of my flock, but I wanted to post some pics that show just how big my Blue Langsgan cockerel, Razzle, is at 7 months. In one pic, he's behind Roxy, my Blue Langshan hen, same age. It's easy to see he's much larger than she is, and she much much larger than my other hens.
In the others, he's beside my Rhode Island Red hens, also same age. My hens are normal size large fowl birds. They're not small or scrawny for their breed. They're nice, plump little girls! But Razzle is just enormous beside them. I know Langshans are supposed to be bigger and taller, but this is my first flock. I also know He's also not a great example of his breed. I got them all from TSC.
But Razzle is sweet and docile. He services all the hens with gentleness and even though he's so huge, they don't seem to mind at all his attentions.
And, guess what he did today???

HE CROWED!! There should be a First Crow thread like the First Egg thread lol. Or am I the only cockerel mama who was so proud of their boy?? I don't know why I'm so proud? I didn't have to buy him lessons or anything. Lol.

No, I LOVE my boys too! They add a whole new dimension to the flock and are just so full of personality! Love the roos!

ETA -
He's a gorgeous boy, btw!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom