Show off your roosters

Here are my only two roosters Michael and Thomas

These aren't the best pictures of my flock, but I wanted to post some pics that show just how big my Blue Langsgan cockerel, Razzle, is at 7 months. In one pic, he's behind Roxy, my Blue Langshan hen, same age. It's easy to see he's much larger than she is, and she much much larger than my other hens.
In the others, he's beside my Rhode Island Red hens, also same age. My hens are normal size large fowl birds. They're not small or scrawny for their breed. They're nice, plump little girls! But Razzle is just enormous beside them. I know Langshans are supposed to be bigger and taller, but this is my first flock. I also know He's also not a great example of his breed. I got them all from TSC.
But Razzle is sweet and docile. He services all the hens with gentleness and even though he's so huge, they don't seem to mind at all his attentions.
And, guess what he did today???

HE CROWED!! There should be a First Crow thread like the First Egg thread lol. Or am I the only cockerel mama who was so proud of their boy?? I don't know why I'm so proud? I didn't have to buy him lessons or anything. Lol.

These aren't the best pictures of my flock, but I wanted to post some pics that show just how big my Blue Langsgan cockerel, Razzle, is at 7 months. In one pic, he's behind Roxy, my Blue Langshan hen, same age. It's easy to see he's much larger than she is, and she much much larger than my other hens.
In the others, he's beside my Rhode Island Red hens, also same age. My hens are normal size large fowl birds. They're not small or scrawny for their breed. They're nice, plump little girls! But Razzle is just enormous beside them. I know Langshans are supposed to be bigger and taller, but this is my first flock. I also know He's also not a great example of his breed. I got them all from TSC.
But Razzle is sweet and docile. He services all the hens with gentleness and even though he's so huge, they don't seem to mind at all his attentions.
And, guess what he did today???

HE CROWED!! There should be a First Crow thread like the First Egg thread lol. Or am I the only cockerel mama who was so proud of their boy?? I don't know why I'm so proud? I didn't have to buy him lessons or anything. Lol.
How cute love your post!!

Still learning breeds, but when we got him at the State Fair he had a matching hen with him. I believe they are Bantam Cochins, if I'm saying that correctly. He currently has a No-Crow collar since we're urban chicken owners.

Back
Top Bottom